LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

Postby PreggoAF » 21 Jul 2018, 05:00

Day 11: The past couple days were fairly easy with not much pain. I’m still bleeding but it’s slowing down and I do have swelling but that’s also getting smaller. I’m off Miralax and just taking Magnesium at night. I’m having larger firmer stools now that I haven’t been able to have since before my fissure and they aren’t hard to pass at all. I’m also just taking the odd Ibuprofen for any aches. Yesterday I was on my feet all day without problem.
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 21 Jul 2018, 20:24

That's fantastic to hear I on the other hand had a few drinks Fri night an ate KFC must have slowed things right down because my stool was hard an started out as pebbles both my front an back fissures fleared up but only the back one the non chronic one hurts disappointed in myself it's annoying though because I use to be able to eat an drink an not get dam fissures my muscle must need fixing with lis too but I can't NEVER get constipated ever again I wonder if after lis the odd bit of constipated wouldn't be such a big deal? Anyone know? After all everyone gets constipated from time to time but can't get a fissure every time!
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 21 Jul 2018, 20:25

Sorry to hijack hun but I'm sure your curious too
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 22 Jul 2018, 04:57

Missy, I had two large harder stools yesterday and the day before that started out as pebbles. Totally my fault because I’m experimenting with how much magnesium I need to take and I always tend to be more constipated while breastfeeding anyway. But the point is that I had zero issues. Slid right out without pushing. I was shocked but am aiming for after stools because I don’t want to push my luck.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PreggoAF » 22 Jul 2018, 04:57

*softer not after
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 22 Jul 2018, 05:19

Wow that's amazing so after lis you can get constipated once in a while an the world doesn't cave in? I had to push like hell feels like pooping through the eye of a needle blood pain but had to get it out sorry if tmi but I know we've all been there its not nice at all I've been uncomfortable all day worst I've been in a long time an I completely understand breastfeeding constipated I think it's a combo of hormones an breast milk taking all your bodies water once I stopped breastfeeding each of my boys the fissure an constipation eased up alot really sad trying to do what's in your heart as a mum to give your baby the best an the bonding too but to have to be in pain for it I fort tooth an nail to breastfeed my boys got mastitis 4 times in the first 9 weeks with my youngest us mums deserve a medal or two but I guess are kids are our medals
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 22 Jul 2018, 09:02

Lol, yes we do seriously deserve medals for what babies do to our bodies! I miss my old normal butt and my perky boobs and unchewed nipples and my belly without the C-section scar! On the other hand I got pretty lucky with some amazing kiddos though.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 22 Jul 2018, 14:58

I want a normal loose bum muscle again so it can actually let stuff out its frustrating, but you say even hard bms come out fine now? Man that gives me so much hope. I'm still waiting for my second Botox haven't got a date yet. How's today going for you
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 22 Jul 2018, 16:13

Awww Missy I feel for you so bad. I had to get the surgery because my bum was so tight by the end that even after I managed to heal my fissure I kept reinjuring it when I had the odd poo that wasn’t totally mushy and narrow. I would have had to spend my life on Miralax for sure. It’s early days still but I’ve had 3 days of larger sized poos without problem so hopefully this continues to work out for me. I’d really love for this ordeal to be over.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Jul 2018, 00:11

Great to hear that BMs are getting easier for you PreggoAF! I hope you'll be fully healed very soon.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40