Scheduled LIS Today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Scheduled LIS Today

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 09 Jul 2018, 20:02

How did it go j_gopie?
Deleted User 7275

Postby Ekdreamer » 20 Jul 2018, 03:36

Hey how are things so far?
Scheduled for an LIS tomorrow *yikes*
Ekdreamer
Fibre Addict

Postby Ekdreamer » 20 Jul 2018, 23:34

Having LIS in the next few hours. Hoping and praying that everything goes well
Ekdreamer
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 21 Jul 2018, 01:32

Hey you will be absolutely fine think positivity soon you'll be on the road too recovery an this will all be behind you
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Ekdreamer » 21 Jul 2018, 02:50

Thank you Missy :-)
Ekdreamer
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 21 Jul 2018, 08:59

I hope that all went well and that you're back online soon, to tell us all about us.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Ekdreamer » 21 Jul 2018, 09:07

Actually the doc said the fissure was small so instead of LIS he went for Standard Anal Dilation.....i didn't even know about such a thing
....just woken up and I don't feel anything really but I guess it's because Of The anaesthesia still being present....am just hoping this nightmare will end soon
Will keep you guys posted :-)
Ekdreamer
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 21 Jul 2018, 20:09

Great to hear your not feeling anything rest up
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby BrooklynButt » 02 Aug 2018, 11:36

Hey there Ekdreamer, how are you feeling lately? I saw that you were a relatively recent poster and I have been looking into alternatives to LIS (want to use that only as an absolute last resort). Has the Standard Anal Dilation been working ok for you so far?
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Ekdreamer » 02 Aug 2018, 12:03

Hey there Brooklyn, ive been meaning to post about it but had exams and it became hard blah blah blah. To the point, i actually knew I was going to be having LIS until I had changed into the hospital gown when I heard doc say to my dad that he would be doing a "small" dilation. Was given local anaesthesia and sedation.Procedure was done and it was pretty easy. Didnt feel anything afterwards and was out of hospital in 3-4 hrs including recovery time. Wasnt incontinent at all just a lot of passing wind which I could control and the anal hole definitely felt loser. I didn't have a BM until day 3 after the dilation and honestly I was extremely nervous because you know 3 days and no BM means a hard bm when you finally go.I was also using duphalac for the stool softener. BM was pretty easy, normal with some pain, I would say maybe a 4/10 but way better than before and there were no spasms and pain after. I actually managed to go to school, seat my exams and not think about my butt for the entire day
My diet was still pretty easy and a lot of bland foods and pureed stuff. Second Bm was much much better with the pain at a 2/10 and zero pain after. I think I got pretty confident and indulged a little in the wrong food which set me back to a 6/10 level of pain but zero spasms. This got me really down because I thought I was finally getting a hold of it but I guess you just never know with this thing. One minute am completely pain free and the next it's back.
I will be seeing my doc again for the 2 week check up on Saturday because I think the dilation is a continuous thing and he may dilate some more, I am not sure about that bit but I will post on here after the check up
Overall everything is much better than before, other than the little pain when passing stool, which BTW has gradually lessened, atleast I can go about my life afterwards without any pain and I can have a BM without taking painkillers after.
Ekdreamer
Fibre Addict