Scheduled LIS Today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Scheduled LIS Today

Postby missy moo » 02 Aug 2018, 15:24

Just to add another alternative I had Botox 5 months ago am I'm in a position where I have discomfort at most during a bm then nothing for the day but my ring still can't open properly an feels tight still I'm getting more Botox soon an my surgeon is confident I've also been thinking about using butt plugs lately to slowly stretch the muscle I've heard people on here talk about it with great success, manual anal dilation has been out of favour for awhile now so even if you ask your doctor to do it they may not want to you may have to find a surgeon willing to do it but best of luck getting this bugger of a thing sorted
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby BrooklynButt » 02 Aug 2018, 15:34

I've been thinking about Botox too. The responses to it seem so variable though! Both on here and from what I have been reading. Living in NY, from what I have gathered on the board there are two doctors in the general vicinity who offer SAD. I will probably reach out to the closer of the two soon (who in my sleuthing I have discovered once wrote a paper with Dr. Sohn, who I believe was the doctor who brought back the practice in the U.S.).

The doctor I have already been seeing has mentioned Botox as a possible next step but unfortunately is moving her office over the next couple of weeks and so has been unavailable for my latest setback. Figure I will use this as a chance both to explore another treatment possibility and to get a 2nd opinion on the Botox.
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 02 Aug 2018, 15:52

Also make sure your regular an eatting enough fiber an drinking enough water you should up your water if working out an stuff seems simple but before my fissure I didn't think twice about any of this stuff good luck
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Fissuretraveler » 02 Aug 2018, 17:34

Thought I would chime in about the SAD procedure. I had it done in February in NY with Dr Leboiff. I am definitely better than I was but still struggle due to scar tissue that has been left behind from Hemorrhoidectomy (which gave fissure). Someday I will address it but no one is going near my ass with a scalpel anytime soon. I continue to take stool softeners and a little bit of magnesium and for the most part I’m good, definitely better than where I was in February. If my stool gets too bulky I will and have had a problem so I am conscious of this and scared that this can happen. I saw my local GI doctor (I don’t live in NY) and he said my fissure is no longer visible. YEAH. So was the SAD procedure worth it.....definitely!
Fissuretraveler
Salt Bather

Topics: 4