Finally Talking About This

New to forum - my story etc.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Finally Talking About This

Postby fissure_be_gone » 16 Aug 2018, 11:40

It was difficult in honesty. In the evenings a couple of alcoholic beverages chilled it out.

Although it fucking sucks you need to stop thinking about managing the pain and put all of your attention into healing. TAKE STOOL SOFTENERS UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS GONE *COMPLETELY*.
fissure_be_gone
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Camry » 17 Aug 2018, 06:37

It is quite a challenge...will try some stool softeners for it...keeping my fingers crossed:)
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby mike1971 » 17 Aug 2018, 12:53

fissure_be_gone wrote:It was difficult.......

Although it fucking sucks you need to stop thinking about managing the pain and put all of your attention into healing.....

Some really good advice. I've been told this by my parents all the time. I'm worried about managing the pain and not working on an attitude of positive healing. It's so very hard to do.

Good luck guys.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby fissure_be_gone » 17 Aug 2018, 13:21

Doing what we can to think positively and place our efforts on the actions before us we can take to heal is the only option we have.

1. Anything but positivity will lead to stress which causes our issues with tight sphincter and then blood won't get to the area to naturally heal.
2. We only have so much energy to focus each day and we should focus on that on positive actions we can take to heal ourselves.
3. Managing the pain might distract us from the root issue.

The root issue for us all always seems to be the rut we get into either because of the fissure or as well as it. It's a mental battle, we need to learn to relax more and manage our stress better. If we crack that we will heal - but there are other steps we can take to help heal, such as dietary and not self-sabotaging.
fissure_be_gone
Fibre Addict

Postby Botoxgirl » 23 Aug 2018, 17:32

Just to ask about the GTN - have you tried diltiazem ointment instead? I get migraines so my GP prescribed diltiazem straight away instead of GTN and I’ve found it really good - hasn’t healed my AF (had Botox 4 days ago) but made a HUGE difference to pain levels as well as bleeding etc.
Botoxgirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby fissure_be_gone » 24 Aug 2018, 02:29

I think I will speak with the Colo surgeon about the other options available at my appointment in November. The plan is to heal ahead of the appointment with my current strategy so that hopefully I can go to this appointment, have some tests and get the all clear and a go ahead to carry on as I can.

I'm definitely finding, still, that even when the flare up/bleeding is bad the only effective 'treatment' is just to ensure the stool is completely soft for a few days and then it all settles down a bit. So, even if I was using cream it would still take a few days to take effect so I'm finding creams ineffective.

Newest strategy is making sure I chew my food to the point it's completely soft. I noticed I scoff my food and eat quicker than everybody I'm eating with.

It's mad how much we start to realise how detached we are from healthy/natural habits when we get a fissure. To be fair, it's no wonder we're all getting these issues, we really do abuse ourselves in the modern western world - in such subtle ways it takes a bloody painful rip in your most sensitive area you have to experience at least once a day to realise!
fissure_be_gone
Fibre Addict