My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 10 Jul 2018, 14:58

That's so good to hear Katie! Yes I am the same as you. Everything feels more tender when I'm due on. I expect we'll have that sore feeling every month for a while to come, but our improvements are good news for both of us!
Deleted User 7114

Postby VGNLWYR18 » 31 Jul 2018, 21:06

I appreciated reading this post. I’ve been dealing with a fissure for 3 years and am currently recovering from fissurectony surgery. To make a long story short, I went through the entire series of creams and suppositories prescribed by my general GI, to no avail. One of the things I’ve learned through this process is that I wish I would’ve accepted the fact earlier that I would have to rely on laxatives/stool softeners long-term. Over the past three years, the primary cause of my re-lapsing and the reason for prolonged periods of chronic pain could be sourced back to a single bm event that coincided with a time when I weaned myself off laxatives from the last episode I was experiencing. My point in saying this is, I am a strong proponent of the view that if you incorporate laxative as a tool into a more comprehensive regimen focused on healthy eating and exercise, you can heal a fissure and stay healed on a more long-term basis. I only wish I would’ve learned this and been able to execute it before having to resort to surgery. Just my two-cents. Hope you can find something in there that isn’t helpful and if not, maybe just knowing there are others out there who can empathize with the struggle is consolation enough. GL
VGNLWYR18

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 01 Aug 2018, 15:54

The only long term laxative/softener that could should be used is the miralax or what ever it's called but ideally just having a good diet an enough water would be the goal be careful when it comes to laxatives
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 27 Aug 2018, 00:44

You are so right vgnlwyr18. Once I realized and accepted this, I healed within a few weeks.
Deleted User 7114

Postby missy moo » 27 Aug 2018, 02:57

Hedgehogbum are you healed?? Can you have normal size an form stools now?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37