Do we all have high anxiety/stress

Fissure sufferers

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Do we all have high anxiety/stress

Postby missy moo » 01 Jul 2018, 23:43

I know how you feel I had Botox for my fissure an received a second fissure in the process now the second one flears up from time to time on top of the original one which makes me think maybe it's a sign I need to work more on the inside an not the outside like being redirected to the real problem like you said it's not a quick fix it's something you work on in all areas of your life. No one needs to get me or agree with me that's just my view
:sunny:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Wazoo » 05 Nov 2018, 08:34

I definitely believe that my AF issues are exacerbated, if not caused by, anxiety and chronic stress. There's a vid on YouTube where the poster claims that there's correlation between nocturnal bruxism and AF, and bruxing is another of my afflictions. Sorry, I don't have the YouTube URL, nor do I recall the poster's credentials, but she was from the holistic healing perspective.
Wazoo

Postby BrooklynButt » 05 Nov 2018, 20:16

That sounds exactly like me. I had major grinding/clamping issues with my jaw just before this set in. Big move, new career, I am somebody who is pretty predisposed to being stressed... looking back I definitely would have made some different choices.
BrooklynButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby John667 » 02 Dec 2018, 21:12

Problem is anyone on this board must have higher anxiety than general population as general population would simply go see a doc and not worry about anything.

I have anxiety and depression as well. Been a tough year with a separation (with kids) and maybe there is a link there. However I didn't see much that was written on the subject and I'd like to read some litterature on that.
John667
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby DocTreats » 03 Dec 2018, 07:28

Hello all,

The issue of stress, anxiety, the subsequent depression is no longer a rarity. Almost each of us either suffers through it or knows someone close who faces these challenges on a daily basis. :scratch:

As per the latest studies done by the WHO (World Health Organization), more than 322 million people across the globe show depressive tendencies.

While we might think that physical and mental conditions are separate entities, it is not so.

90% of the serotonin, the happy chemical, is created in our intestines, which means if you are stressed or anxious, it will affect your bowel movements. :cry:

This is one of the primary reasons why constipation and anal fissures occur chronically among people who lead stressful lives.
DocTreats

Postby John667 » 03 Dec 2018, 09:39

I've been using EmoLax (PEG) for two weeks and I've been more depressed. Could there be a link between such laxative and serotonin been created in the intestines? I've read many people who had success with PEG but I also read that it's bad for children and that up to 4% of the plastic molecules are absorbed (not good). Slightly off-topic, but I really feel depressed since I started PEG.
John667
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Abu » 03 Dec 2018, 11:26

I totally agree with DocTreats, fissures are definitely linked to high anxiety levels which lead to either constipation or diarrhea. Also, once you get the fissure it becomes a vicious circle - you get more anxiety on how the next BM will be and how the pain will affect your day. And you get more and more isolated from "normal" people, thus depression kicks in, the hormones make the anal sphincter even tighter and on and on and on.
John, I don't believe there is any relationship between PEG and depression honestly, there are many people taking it that do not have AF and not many complain about this. If you are worried about side effects, try Magnesium citrate or buffered Vitamin C.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 03 Dec 2018, 14:19

I'm trying to overhaul my diet I'm not taking any lax pill or softeners I felt like taking them gave me anxiety worrying about taking them at certain times and when I'm out an about not wanting friends or family to see them an ask what it was, I'm doing ok but my fissure still bleeds every bm an there's some pain or discomfort everytime I was told to take vitamin B for anxiety and depression for anyone interested google it apparently a lot of people who have anxiety and depression are low in vitamin B also if you live some where were there is not much sun you could be low in vitamin D I definitely believe there's a strong link between our minds and our bodies and our bodies aches and pains issues and diseases are telling us something, I'm trying to work on my gut health after taking oral antibiotics for 3 months my stomach hasn't been the same if anyone has any advice in this I'd love it hear it, I feel like the second I eat something bad ie sugar or bi carbonated soda my whole body goes out of wack an I get trush an stomach pains a mix of diarrhoea and constipation my intestines are definitely unhappy it takes me a few days to recover.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37