Is Magnesium citrate safe for long-term use?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Is Magnesium citrate safe for long-term use?

Postby Abu » 07 Jan 2019, 01:07

I alternate between Mg citrate and buffered Vitamin C, on a weekly basis.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 07 Jan 2019, 01:08

So now do you still use both or just 1
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Abu » 07 Jan 2019, 01:13

One week I use only Mg and the next only Vitamin C.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby John667 » 07 Jan 2019, 21:38

Abu wrote:AF is not a cut but a tear in the skin. An AF does not affect the muscle itself whereas an incision is done as deep as the muscle fibers go.
I will always regret taking the decision to surgically repair an inguinal hernia - this is also why I developed an AF in the first place as the antibiotics really wiped out my gut flora and made me constipated. Also, I have other symptoms which I will never get rid off - but this is not the place to discuss it. My point is, if you can try other methods do it or you may end up regretting all your life. If you already tried everything you can think of with no success then you can be at peace with yourself and try surgery as a last resort.
I still believe that medicine is advancing every single day and I am confident that in 5 or maybe 10 years from now new procedures or treatments will be availble for people suffering from this.
i have countless of example in other domains: look at knee or hip arthroscopy which were also considered "the gold standard" for more than a decade and now slowly but surely people realized that it is not the best option anymore, on the contrary.
Time will tell but if you want to keep your body intact, as God meant it to be, then you should do whatever it takes and go to any lengths to find relief and healing naturally.
Treat your body the way you want it to treat you and you will find the way to healing.

Thanks for sharing. Do you know if there is any scientific data establishing a link between antibiotics and AF? I thought I got AF because of my SSRI med and a change in what I eat, but it also started after a gum surgery and I was on antibiotics. So maybe a link there?

I know someone who had a surgery for an inguinal hernia and the surgeon did a mistake and cut some nerves or I don't know what. He now lives with a morphine drip directly under his skin 24/7...

Always risks when surgery... but muscles... wouldn't even a cut heal completely? Muscles are strong I think...
John667
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Abu » 07 Jan 2019, 23:41

Antibiotics wipe out both good and bad bacteria. If you're lucky you will not have issues while the gut is populated with new bacteria - the good guys. If you're not lucky the bad guys can take over and you can get either diarrhea or constipation. From here to AF is a small step, depending on how tight your sphincter muscle is.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 07 Jan 2019, 23:49

Abu I was told it take a year after 1 course of antibiotics for your body/gut to recover do you think it takes that long and how do you suggest correcting damage I've heard farming sauerkraut is a good one?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 08 Jan 2019, 10:30

You cannot correct the damage, plain and simple. All probiotics and fermented foods are very healthy indeed, but the bacteria are tansitory - they do not colonize your gut. That doesn't mean you should not eat them, on the contrary, but do not expect them to create a home in your gut.

The most important thing is to avoid eating junk food and especially sugars as this will reduce the number of pathogenic bacteria that will colonize your intestines. Also, your apendice is the one that keeps strains of the "original" bacteria and comes to the rescue - but you need to help those good guys to find a proper home.

To be honest, I know many of you will not find this pleasant, but I think that fecal transplant is one good method to fight with an AF - regardeles of antibiotic treatment. I have no idea about the costs, as in my country this is not available, but I would be the first to do it if given the opportunity. You basically populate your gut with bacteria from a healthy person and this can help tremendously, with all sort of diseases.
You know already by know, I hope, that most of our diseases originate from the gut.

This is one of the reasons why I avoid antibiotics at all costs, as I know how important the bacteria is and I want to nurture it and take care of it, just like they do for me.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby John667 » 08 Jan 2019, 10:48

Abu wrote:You cannot correct the damage, plain and simple. All probiotics and fermented foods are very healthy indeed, but the bacteria are tansitory - they do not colonize your gut. That doesn't mean you should not eat them, on the contrary, but do not expect them to create a home in your gut.

The most important thing is to avoid eating junk food and especially sugars as this will reduce the number of pathogenic bacteria that will colonize your intestines. Also, your apendice is the one that keeps strains of the "original" bacteria and comes to the rescue - but you need to help those good guys to find a proper home.

To be honest, I know many of you will not find this pleasant, but I think that fecal transplant is one good method to fight with an AF - regardeles of antibiotic treatment. I have no idea about the costs, as in my country this is not available, but I would be the first to do it if given the opportunity. You basically populate your gut with bacteria from a healthy person and this can help tremendously, with all sort of diseases.
You know already by know, I hope, that most of our diseases originate from the gut.

This is one of the reasons why I avoid antibiotics at all costs, as I know how important the bacteria is and I want to nurture it and take care of it, just like they do for me.

I'm not sure about this one. I think that if your gut had good bacterias, even after antibiotics if you eat well eventually they will reestablish themselves.
John667
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Abu » 08 Jan 2019, 11:30

They will or will not. This is why I said you must help them by eating right. However, there is no guarantee and also it takes months until you get back the entire population.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 08 Jan 2019, 13:48

Yea our bodies are amazing life forms of all kind are amazing and shock scientists daily our body creates blood clots to stop us from bleeding to death when we think energy waves can be measured outside of our bodies from the mind half our brain can be removed and the remaining half will try it's best to pick up the extra work load I've seen people with half a brain drive a car and live a normal independent life with no mental or physical disabilities we're healing an self cleansing machines, my last post was ment to read taking sauerkraut not farming sauerkraut haha I'm just thinking it doesn't take 1 year for each course if that's the case I have a ways to go after taking 4 courses 1.5 years ago 8weeks of oral antibiotics straight. Abu I truly believe everything is bassed off the gut too this is just my intuition nothing I've read although I'm sure if I looked it up I'd be even more convinced I found a book the other day by chance I'll post what it's called I can't wait to read it.
missy moo
King Fissure