Is Magnesium citrate safe for long-term use?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Is Magnesium citrate safe for long-term use?

Postby John667 » 14 Jan 2019, 09:17

Okaybum wrote:
Alcohol: my worst pain is generally felt the morning after drinking a glass. Personally, I'd cut it out but that's from my experience.

I had the same problem. Right now my trick is: on days when I don't drink alcohol I take PEG and magnesium, and when I drink alcohol I add docusate sodium right before bed. Much less pain and I can still drink that glass of wine... OK half that bottle of wine! ;)
John667
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Abu » 14 Jan 2019, 12:02

I stopped believing in what nutritionists say a long time ago. They contradict each other and all claim they held the absolute truth. If you go this path you will always be on constant look-out.
I embrace the traditional way of eating of our grand parents and grand grand parents. My grandfather is now 90 years old and doing just fine... and he daily ate that bread baked by my grandmother, which is also alive and well, since they met the first time some 70 years ago (she was 14 back then). I know that I have shifted away from traditional foods for my entire adult life, up until I recently realized this - and all thanks to this damn fissure. I binged on pizzas, pastas, chips, McDonalds, KFC, cakes, icecream, snickers, you name it without caring for my body.
But not anymore - I dedicate a part of my life to eating clean and, most importantly, enjoying what I eat! I no longer care if it's carbs, protein or fat as long as it comes from as little processed food as possilble AND I love the taste of it. A food is touted as healthy but I do not like the taste? i don;t eat it. I am fortunate to live in the countryside, next to a big city, and I can enjoy eating organic foods from my neighbours. I even drink raw milk for more than 2 years, and my family as well.

My advice to you is to enjoy eating the foods that you like as long as it is real food. You can identify the ones which causes you hard stools, this is not really hard to do if you are commited.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 15 Jan 2019, 13:44

So another day another hard tip even though yesterday morning seem to be getting on the right track it's so frustrating when 90% of the stool is perfect and the first 10% is hard I've tried picking it out but it's impossible for me due to me just not being able to get a grip on it and the pain it causes my firssure is anterior so in the front and so I'm trying to drag a small stone over the fissure, my new plan is to take an oxide pill after breakfast because first in first out and I'm having a tin of fruit salad for breakfast how in the world does that come out hard? I only have 3 pills left so I'll take 1 after breakfast and two before bed then tomorrow I'll try the highly recommend citrate, how long does it take for the citrate to work ie a few days? And do I take 400mg on an empty stomach before bed? Will this make its way to the front of the stool and not just soften the end of the stool like everything else I've tried seems to do?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Abu » 04 Feb 2019, 11:15

I recently found something that works even better - for me. Besides the daily dose of buffered Vitamin C or Magnesium citrate which I keep on the same quantity (1 full teaspon ~5g), I combine mineral drops with the water I drink throughout the day. I no longer need to "scavenge" for leftovers inside because the stools are perfect, including the tip! I use concentrance mineral drops, one pipette in 250ml of water.
You may try for yourself but for me this is by far the greatest breakthorugh in years.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 04 Feb 2019, 13:55

Wow Abu congratulations where did you find this stuff at a health food store or online? Thank you
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 04 Feb 2019, 23:21

Amazon. Everything I take is from Amazon
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 05 Feb 2019, 00:07

Do you still use the Vitamin C or magnesium as well?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Abu » 05 Feb 2019, 00:16

Yes, definitely. I take the same dose
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 05 Feb 2019, 00:32

Oh ok so you've just added a minimal drops to a daily routine?
missy moo
King Fissure