standardized anal dilation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

standardized anal dilation

Postby wecc » 31 Dec 2011, 07:32

Hello All….I had many responses to my post as well as messages about this form of Anal Dilatation. First and foremost, it is not the old “lords stretch” where the CRS puts fingers in you and pulls. As I said, I would never, ever have that. That is why AD’s got such a bad rap. This standardized method is where they put for a better lack of words a very big dildo in your for 5-8 minutes. This in effect does the same thing as a LIS. However with that said, there is no cutting, no puss or discharge from the incision and the healing time is much less. Germany and Japan have been performing AD’s with a balloon for years with a very high rate of success. In fact, what I was told from a surgeon in Germany, at one point a few years ago some of the CRS in the major hospitals started with LIS and many went back to the balloon AD because of the post LIS issues. Interestingly enough, LIS’s are preformed more in the U.S than any other developed country. The fact is, Germany and Japan’s medical technology is about on par with us in the U.S. , yet AD are the gold standard there.
The CRS that is going to perform this AD on Wednesday , has done well over 300 LIS’s and said he would never do another one again given the success rate he has had with AD’s with truly very little complications. This CRS was named one of the top CRS’s in the New York area two years in a row and is affiliated with two large hospital, one being a major teaching hospital.
I was going to have a LIS till I found out about this new method. Again I went for this not just because of the CRS and what he told me, I went forward with this simply because I spoke with several of this CRS patients in his waiting room. Two had an AD done on Friday morning and were back at work Monday. I spoke with one who was 6 months post and said had no complications at all. While an LIS is said to be the “gold standard” and I see posts from many who have had very good success, however I still see about 30% who have some type of complications or pain months later or longer..
The CRS that was going to do my LIS is a great doctor, very nice and caring. When I call up to cancel the LIS, the nurse asked why and I told her about the AD which she was not familiar with. She asked me to hold for the doctor, he asked me why I am going this route and I told him pretty much what I said above. He even went on to say the CRS that is going to perform this AD is known. What is interesting is when I asked him why he does not offer AD’s he simply said he is trained as a surgeon and is not on this technique…bingo! I am slamming CRS’s or an LIS. All I am saying is do your research and make an informed decision.
I will keep everyone in the loop after I have this done. By the way, I found out about the new form of AD on an old post on this site. Fact is whatever way you go, this site is so darn invaluable!
Happy New Year to all of you…god bless and talk with you on the other side.
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: standardized anal dilation

Postby wecc » 31 Dec 2011, 07:35

sorry all...I left a very importnat work out above...
I am NOT slamming CRS’s or an LIS. All I am saying is do your research and make an informed decision.
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dwarfs8 » 31 Dec 2011, 07:51

thanks for the info! So when would you be having AD done?
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby wecc » 31 Dec 2011, 08:18

Jan 4th...
Dwarts...given you r in singapore....happy new year to you!
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby adnan5125567 » 17 Apr 2018, 00:03

please send the detailed address where i standardized anal dilatation is performed..??
adnan5125567
Fibre Addict

Postby chic » 07 Feb 2019, 14:23

I agree. The original procedure involved anesthesia (think about why) and a rapid dilation (i.e. one that may be causing pain, the body's way of telling you something is wrong). People play with dilators because it is pleasurable, but work their way up SLOWLY. There is also no money to be made when people do it themselves, and much less than a surgery. Bingo, now we know why.
chic
Fibre Addict