Breastfeeding, any chance to heal?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Breastfeeding, any chance to heal?

Postby Faraway mommy » 20 Mar 2019, 04:22

Also my advice from our surgeons how to minimize pain while BM.
If you have a special procto basin for you toilet and sits bath, fill it with warm water and try to do your BM to the warm water. It takes away the most part of pain, believe me. Our surgeons insist on doing like this after opetation. It’s a great relief and no sides effects.
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Faraway mommy » 20 Mar 2019, 04:40

And now I live more or less usual life. Right after the labor I had 3-8 BM a day!!! With a fissure! I thought I would die one day in my bathroom. When my daughter was 3 month my husband took me to the CRS almost by force - thanks to him so much. It was proctitis and fissure. But proctitis was easily healed with camomile enemas. It was so easy and fast! Why I was so stupid not seeing doctor for such a long time?

Now I’m dealing with a fissure, but it’s day and night like it was before.
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 21 Mar 2019, 11:47

If you've had children it's best to get an anal ultrasound done before having any surgery. That's because there could be hidden injury to the sphincter during childbirth and a surgery like LIS may result in incontinence. This is what I've read in research papers. It may be the reason why doctors aren't offering that surgery to you, or as you said they don't have experience with it. Another test that could be helpful is anorectal manometry to check if increased muscle tension has resulted from the fissure. Lower pressure fissures are treated differently, and botox would not help in that case.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Faraway mommy » 22 Mar 2019, 02:28

Patience, thanks a lot! I didn’t know about those facts. It’s sounds very reasonable, because the 2nd surgeon could not even find my fissure at the first appointment. But it’s there. It’s not big about 2*5 mm but never closed.
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby Faraway mommy » 22 Mar 2019, 02:31

Patience, what do you think about estrogen cream? I found here some stories that women used them, but none reported the results.

And how are you actually going with your fissure (sorry I’m so selfish, just realized, that didn’t ask it)? Is your therapy of pelvic floor helpful?
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 23 Mar 2019, 09:18

I've heard that breastfeeding can cause low estrogen levels. Definitely something to discuss with your gynecologist and ask about the cream. They may be reluctant to prescribe because in their minds only menopausal women need it. I recently read that it has been found to have no increased link to cancer, but most doctors probably aren't even aware of that study.

I'm doing okay, recently went to see a colorectal doctor who also specializes in pelvic floor issues. She didn't think I have a fissure but has ordered a couple of tests to try and identify why it's difficult for me to have a bowel movement. Physical therapy has been really helpful for me. It's reduced a lot of the general irritation in the area, plus helped me be aware of unconscious muscle tension. I've also been told to do regular yoga to help with the pain. Going to start that soon. This is the website I was informed about: https://yourpaceyoga.com
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40