LIS done ✅ haemorrhoids banded ✅

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS done ✅ haemorrhoids banded ✅

Postby Jase1 » 25 Mar 2019, 04:48

Hi everyone, as my title says I’ve had LIS surgery and my haemorrhoids banded but unfortunately I still have the dreaded pain. Anyone else in the same situation and what happens next ? TIA
Jase1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: LIS done ✅ haemorrhoids banded ✅

Postby chachacha » 25 Mar 2019, 09:09

How long ago did you have these procedures?
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Jase1 » 25 Mar 2019, 09:12

LIS was last sept and my banding was a month and half back. Can’t believe none have worked.
Jase1
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 25 Mar 2019, 09:22

That is certainly disheartening. What does your CRS say about this? Does he/she think that a second LIS might work? Other reasons for your pain could be internal thrombosed hemmies (if your CRS didn't band the ones close to the dentate line), or pelvic floor issues. Or, I suppose, any other number of issues. If you haven't already, I'd go back to your surgeon to see what their diagnosis is.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Jase1 » 25 Mar 2019, 09:33

chachacha wrote:That is certainly disheartening. What does your CRS say about this? Does he/she think that a second LIS might work? Other reasons for your pain could be internal thrombosed hemmies (if your CRS didn't band the ones close to the dentate line), or pelvic floor issues. Or, I suppose, any other number of issues. If you haven't already, I'd go back to your surgeon to see what their diagnosis is.

Tbh I’m not sure what he will do next. After my surgery I had to go back to be signed off but obviously I still had the pain and he suggested banding the haemorrhoids and the pain is still there. I don’t know if he’s running out of ideas as what to do next. Not sure if having a 2nd LIS is worth it, I’ve seen quite a few on here say it didn’t work for them. It’s so annoying that it’s still here. Would the pain be the same if it was thrombosed haemorrhoids?
Jase1
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 25 Mar 2019, 09:58

Mine was, but your CRS will probably not agree with that because internal hems are not supposed to cause pain and the severely thrombosed ones are quite rare. It was only after my hemorrhoidectomy, that I finally had peace on the rear front (end?). But really, it could be so many other things, because other forum members suffer with a wide variety of things that cause extreme pain after a bowel movement. It seems that this area is hard to both diagnose, and treat. You really have to go back to let your surgeon know that neither of his treatments helped. Hopefully, since he knows you in person, he can figure out what might still be wrong. Good luck!
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Jase1 » 25 Mar 2019, 10:01

chachacha wrote:Mine was, but your CRS will probably not agree with that because internal hems are not supposed to cause pain and the severely thrombosed ones are quite rare. It was only after my hemorrhoidectomy, that I finally had peace on the rear front (end?). But really, it could be so many other things, because other forum members suffer with a wide variety of things that cause extreme pain after a bowel movement. It seems that this area is hard to both diagnose, and treat. You really have to go back to let your surgeon know that neither of his treatments helped. Hopefully, since he knows you in person, he can figure out what might still be wrong. Good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. :thanx:
Jase1
Fibre Addict

Postby Jase1 » 04 Jul 2019, 13:12

LIS surgery and my haemorrhoids banded but unfortunately I still have the dreaded pain. Anyone else in the same situation and what happens next ? I’ve been told I’m pretty much stuck with it now .. wonderful ! Did anyone have the same problem ? He did say it could be nerve ending pain and I’ve tried all different meds for it but nothing works apart from tramadol which they don’t want to give you .. any ideas ? TIA
Jase1
Fibre Addict