After lis can you handle the odd harder bm?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: After lis can you handle the odd harder bm?

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 16 Jun 2018, 06:55

Missy that’s such wonderful advice. Mike, missy, you are not alone. I’m so grateful for this forum. Knowing that others really get what I am going through gives me great comfort. Mike, have you tried meditation ? I’m really not the type to meditate, but I’ve been trying it recently and if you stick to it, it really does help alleviate the mental suffering that AF causes.
Deleted User 7114

Postby mike1971 » 16 Jun 2018, 07:43

Hi Hedgehogbum

I haven't tried meditation. I have been prescribed an anti depressant (cipralex) by my GP. I haven't 5aken them yet. Worried also about side effects.

I am still having the rectal tightness and pain after a bowel movement. I don't see any blood anywhere.

I have seen numerous doctors in the ER and my surgeon numerous times and none of them have found a fissure.

I have seen my surgeon yesterday and he said he doesn't know why I'm having rectal pain. He had his secretary book an MRI for this Monday in hopes he could find something. I don't know how long the wait will be. He also mentioned it may be muscle spasms.

In any case.....I'm tired of the pain. Tired of making my bowel movements the highlight of my day. Tired of being enclosed in my house. Tired of lying down. Tired of seeing my elderly parents ( staying to help me) getting stressed out. They had to leave their country cottage home to take cate of me. They should be enjoying their retirement.

I'm tired. No end in site. I am living in a nightmare.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 16 Jun 2018, 09:32

Mike I also sorry for the nightmare you are living. I hope the MRI on Monday can give you some results and a treatment plan. I know the feeling of life revolving around BMs. It’s mentally draining and not sustainable. My advice would be to try and think about something -anything - other than your pain. As hard as it is, try and distract yourself with a comedy, exercise, a call to a friend... anything that will take your mind off the pain. And as I mentioned in a previous post, if you are stuck at home not moving, search the internet for meditation and pain. It teaches you to detach from the suffering that comes with pain. You may still feel the pain but you won’t suffer mentally from it quite as much. It takes perseverance but if it can help it will be time well spent.
Deleted User 7114

Postby mike1971 » 16 Jun 2018, 10:23

Thank you so much for the advice.

I've been very stressed especially this last week. I have my elderly parents staying with me to help me out through this tough time ad I have no one else really. God bless them they are in much better health than I am right now.

I have been stressing them out lately and on fact my mother's doctor prescribed zoloft for her stress now which she is taking.

I was prescribed Lexapro by my GP last week but have been hesitant to take.

I broke down this morning from the stress and pressure from my parents to take the anti depressants.

I've been having bowel movements every two days now. It was once a day just a couple weeks ago. Before I had these health issues I was going twice a day.

Thank you for the kind words. I've been told meditation can help...I'm looking into exercised for my pelvic area.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Jaimenicole » 13 Feb 2019, 15:51

I don’t really know much but I have heard about people having random excruciating pain that can’t be explained they call it Proctalgia Fugax and no one really knows the cause maybe you can read up on what is available and see if you share similar symptoms?
Jaimenicole
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 26 Mar 2019, 01:45

I hope everyone who needs to read this reads this! Is fiber your problem not your solution?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2023, 17:46

Thought I should come back and update anyone who reads this. I would consider myself 90% healed now not from a cream, surgery or anything outside of me. I worked on myself mostly self-love I learnt to appreciate my body and see no parts as unclean or gross. I learnt to be appreciative of my bum I even thanked it for the first time in my life I started to see it as apart of me I connected with it. If this sounds strange to you that's a sign that you also need to do this haha. It could be what works for you. There's a few things that I believe got me to were I am now.

1. I stopped looking for help outside of myself
2. I stopped seeing others as bigger then me, in terms of giving power to everyone else and seeing myself as being in need of other to save me.
3. I loved myself for the first time inside and out
4. I talked kindly to myself and my body
5. I looked into other people who healed themselves.
6. I started to have gratitude for myself my body an things in my life.
7. I looked after myself, by doing things I loved, taking time out, moving my body, and eating for fuel and healing as well as having little happy treats sometimes.

8. Meditation or just sitting with myself in silence being present.

9. I read a book by Louise Hay called you can heal your life and more recently I've been following and reading books by the medical medium.

I hope everyone finds healing from within as this is the key even if you get surgery still work on yourself to create internal harmony. I decided to write this because I've had alot if people reach out to me over the years and I wanted to give back. For 8 years I had a fissure I got botox twice, heaps of creams, fiber, cut things out of my diet, cried, begged, gave up emotionally a few times, I felt punished and thought my body was broken an didn't work properly why me I asked why is my life like this.

Well I've found its alot to do with our mindset, gratitude, self love, how we feel about ourselves and what we say and think about ourselves and our lives that plays the biggest part in how our bodies do and how our lives play out in general.

Please feel free to reach out. I really hope someone hears this and can heal once and for all. Take care of yourselves. Love to all
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby bumbumbum » 14 Sep 2023, 17:41

Hi there. I had LIS in June and took only a month to recover. I eat whatever I want and if my poos are harder Im ok. I just make sure i never push. LIS is the best thing that happened to me after dealing with a chronic fissure for a year and a half. Living with a fissure is not living. I was nervous to have the surgery but Im so glad I did. Life changing.
bumbumbum