4 Weeks Post-Op Pain Again

Fissurectomy

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

4 Weeks Post-Op Pain Again

Postby williteverend » 27 Mar 2019, 07:45

Hi, thought I'd join at last, having dipped in and out over the last couple of years, mainly at extremely painful times (this is also the first time posting anything, ever). And thanks. This site has helped more than I'd have thought whilst curled up in a ball crying with pain that went on for hours. V. little understanding, support and, above all, empathy until I found this site and thought, "I'm not alone and am not making up just how excruciating this is." So thank you as it's not just the constant pain but also what this does to one's head over time. Knowing that you are not alone helps markedly.
Anyway...to the point.. Am almost 4 wks post-op (fissurectomy, botox, multiple bandings and an evil sentinel). Was feeling almost normal at the weekend and overdid it physically (a couple of days almost entirely pain free, "Ah, how life used to be", clearly lulling one into a false sense of security!), attempting to finish some landscaping started over 2 yrs ago before the fissure became frightening. One digresses... Back, this morning, to being curled up in the foetal position crying. A different sort of pain to original fissure and immediately post op but can only assume that one has re-opened one's nemesis slightly.
Has anyone had similar surgery and know how long it takes to fully heal? Would appreciate some sort of inkling as to when I can expect my life back!!
williteverend

Topics: 1

Re: 4 Weeks Post-Op Pain Again

Postby owmybum » 31 Mar 2019, 11:02

I’m sorry to hear of your healing struggles.... it’s very often a case of 2 steps forward one step back for a while whilst healing.

How are things now for you?

Try to take things easy, and put the gardening off for a bit longer if I was you!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby williteverend » 31 Mar 2019, 14:18

Indeed and agreed although as it turns out it was not that. Currently day 2 in hospital, further surgery yesterday, abscess. Awful pain almost instantly relieved after op but had wound cleaned and packed today- wow, ouch. Love your name, have been saying that most days 4 yrs!! MRI tomorrow. End may be in sight. Will post helpful tips for others when home
williteverend

Topics: 1

Postby PurplePangolin » 01 Apr 2019, 09:25

Best of luck in your continued recovery! I'm scheduled for a fiasurectomy/LIS in a few weeks and trying to stay optimistic despite my anxiety.
PurplePangolin
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 03 Apr 2019, 04:02

Wow.... that sounds excruciating!

Yes, I had to call my self this as it’s what I’d been saying every 2 minuets for years!

How did the mri go?
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here