LIS Scar

Incision site scar?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS Scar

Postby Thorgrim » 02 Mar 2019, 16:43

I had LIS in October, a few weeks later I developed a line/ scar on what I thought was the incision site. I figured this was normal. I do not live close to my Dr so because I was not having any major issues and the fissure symptoms went away I never went in for a follow. Fast forward to today- everything has been going really well in terms of the fissure but I still get some general itching on my anus, its just general itching not on the fissure sight or the LIS sight. I called my doctor to ask about the itching and asked him about my scar. He said he has never seen scaring from LIS and was adamant I had a hemorrhoid. This was really hard for me to believe considering how lose I am back there now and how soft my BMs have been since the surgery, I even use a squatty potty. my fissure was not really a result of constipation either. This scar/ lump is painless but a little sensitive and it is not growing, I do not really notice it unless I look for it or when I am wiping. Just wondering if anyone else out there has some scaring from LIS or or something similar?
Thorgrim
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: LIS Scar

Postby owmybum » 23 Mar 2019, 08:10

Yes, I have scarring from my old fissure. When I was healed it did get sensitive from time to time.
If it’s bothering you try a bit of sudocream or something soothing and moisturising.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Thorgrim » 23 Mar 2019, 20:17

Hey thanks for the reply! The piece of tissue is not very close to my fissure so I am thinking its a skin tag of sorts from my surgery or a result of the fissure, its really too small to be a hemorrhoid (at least I think) and it has not changed much in months. The bigger issue I was having is that I was constantly having really sticky stools that were hard to clean off without a lot of wiping, and all that wiping was causing irritation. I have changed some thing in my diet and I am starting to notice it less. Its good to go a few hours without thinking about your butt!
Thorgrim
Salt Bather

Postby Thorgrim » 19 Apr 2019, 15:00

I finally made it to my CRS today after having LIS 6 months ago, and he said my butthole looked totally fine, so whatever I am seeing and feeling is just part of my anatomy. No fissure and anal tone was normal. I am having some issues with stool seepage after a BM, that I am not sure what is from. I have tried a lot of things with my diet to no avail. My stools are solid 3 or 4's, but he recommended I try some Imodium, which I am unsure about, might just try to up my fiber for now.
Thorgrim
Salt Bather

Postby Abu » 19 Apr 2019, 23:11

Imodium will harden your stool a great deal, be careful not to cause a re-tear.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3