April 2019 - now (back and forth; now in healed state)

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: fissure diary (debilitating spasms started 3/31/2019)

Postby appleapple » 30 May 2019, 11:58

So frustrated.

5/30
Recurrence still haven't healed yet. I got better for two days last week, and then one bad BM, all back to square one.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby appleapple » 31 May 2019, 21:18

5/31
feeling reallly miserable this time. the pain level stays at a 7. i had to take time off work again because of the constant pain (and can't stand nor sit, and i have a sitting job).
what made it worse than last time is that after each BM my hemmie would come out a bit, and i had to push it back in. this "pushing back" was usually painless last time when I had my first fissure, but this time it is quite painful. i had to take deep breaths and work up some courage before the push. i don't know what is causing this pain (when i push the hemmie back in). Is it caused by the hemmie? or do i have a fissure that is deeper into the anal canal?

today i had two BMs. one in the morning, and then spasms all day (i tried my usual finger dilation to try to make the spasms stop, but somehow it was not as effective as before). then around 7 i drank some apple juice, and had another BM around 9. lying in bed on my stomach in misery now.

i'm starting to realize this absolutely has a lot to do with stress. i have been under a lot of work pressure lately, long hours, lots of responsibility, and this is how my body is reacting to it. i read other posts about the "type A butt clenching type" and I am totally that type in the work place. Sigh...
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 01 Jun 2019, 17:32

6/1

last night was brutal. woke up at 2am by spasms and haven't been able to fall back asleep since, even after getting up and doing a sitz bath. took a pain killer at 4am (which is very unusual for me) and finally got maybe 2 hours of sleep.

food: about half can baked beans+1 whole avocado, coconut milk+turmeric, Chrysanthemum tea all day, bone broth, spoonful of peanut butter

supplements: cod liver oil, bee propolis, multi-vitamin, hemp control, magnesium citrate (before bed)

took another pain killer at 3pm. seems to be buying me a few hours of peace.

also, started using Fissure Control essential oil that I got from Amazon last time, since using suppositories to treat hemmies doesn't seem to be working this time (probably because the hemmies are inflamed? insertion would cause a lot of discomfort and even mild pain, and make me pass gas a lot, so i stopped using them for now)
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 02 Jun 2019, 22:07

6/2

food: 1/4 cup of oatmeal+1 banana + blueberries + soymilk; turmeric water; bone broth soup, 4 eggs, 1 avocado; some strawberries

3 painkillers: 7am, 2pm, don't remember when i took the 3rd one

BM around 1PM?
I strained today. Sigh. It was much dryer than the usual "soft serve ice cream". I drank the same amount of water yesterday so I'm still wondering why it's harder than usual. I hope this one time straining doesn't set me back too much. sigh sigh sigh.

But today i confirmed i have a fissure that is inside, above the dentate line. I felt it with my fingers. this was causing the severe pain when i push the hemmies back in.

The silver lining is that I think the fissure nearer the outside is healing? Testing with my fingers I feel like I'm doing better than, say, 2 days ago (less sensitive if I apply pressure), but maybe it's because i gave in painkillers now?

Also, today I started applying bee propolis (oral supplement) directly to my a-hole. at my wit's end and i figured "wth". i'm willing to try anything now.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Abu » 02 Jun 2019, 22:27

Do you still take softeners? The painkillers might harden those stools and you need them soft.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby appleapple » 03 Jun 2019, 07:53

Abu wrote:Do you still take softeners? The painkillers might harden those stools and you need them soft.

Ah good point. I probably didn't take enough?

I drank more water yesterday (6/2) and took two magnesium citrate pills. Will see how today's BM go. I'm dreading it a little.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 04 Jun 2019, 21:24

6/3

bm: around 10am? did my best not to strain. soft.

painkiller: took one after bm

food: banana/avocado smoothie, bone broth + 4 eggs soup, peanut butter + blueberries (I think had something else for lunch but i don't recall)

exercise: walked about 15 min after dinner

pain: spasms were less intense after BM. the day before was 9 (i was screaming), today was maybe 6 or 7.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 04 Jun 2019, 21:26

6/4

bm: around 10am? did my best not to strain. mostly soft.

painkiller: none taken!

food: banana/blueberry smoothie, bone broth + 3 eggs soup, home-made multi-grain/bean soup/porridge (i have a soymilk maker that makes all sorts of porridge)

exercise: walked about 20 min after dinner

pain: light spasms after BM, i'd say level 6? lessened only after 6pm
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 08 Jun 2019, 22:13

6/5 Wed

pretty much the same as 6/4
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 08 Jun 2019, 22:15

6/6 Thursday

BM around 6:40am

Went to see CRS in the morning. Surprisingly, usually spasm and level pain is the worst after BM, but today it's manageable. (I didn't burst into tears or anything at the hospital. Lol.)

Seeing the CRS is still kind of stressful. A different story.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist