April 2019 - now (back and forth; now in healed state)

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: fissure diary (debilitating spasms started 3/31/2019)

Postby appleapple » 11 Jun 2019, 15:01

tightbutt5678 wrote:Yep, I noticed when I damaged my fissure on a work trip in April the tag grew significantly. I feel like it shrinks or deflates on good days. It feels big and hard on bad days.
]

I noticed in other posts you take magnesium citrate and miralax. May I ask about your dosage and timing? I'm only take magnesium citrate at the moment, usually 200mg - 300mg a day, and take it with food. But I still found small chunks of harder stools during an otherwise soft BM, and the small hard chunk is enough to ruin it all.

Am I supposed to be taking magnesium citrate with food? does it even matter? or can I just chug all 300mg right before bed (since usually my BM is in the morning)?

Thanks!
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby appleapple » 11 Jun 2019, 18:46

6/11

no BM yet today (last BM was yesterday AM) and I'm freaking out a little bit here.

Did I not drink enough water yesterday? Did the protein shake I drank mess things up? Grhhh.

Today I had: Banana/apple/coconut milk smoothie, steamed broccoli, prunes, some apple juice, some tea.

I've taken 200mg magnesium citrate so far. Should I take another 200mg before I got to bed to make sure I can have BM in the morning? But watery BM seems to irritate the fissure badly too.

Kind of ridiculous how much my day evolves around BM these days. Aiyayaya.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby tightbutt5678 » 12 Jun 2019, 03:18

I take 2 magnesium citrates with dinner (400mg), 1 cod liver oil capsule, and 1 miralax. All with dinner and that allows me to go first thing in the morning always with soft BMs. So you could try to increase dosage and see how you go? I always go gradual with changes.
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby tightbutt5678 » 12 Jun 2019, 03:23

Also, I hate those days where the BM doesn't come on schedule. It's so stressful even though you should be essentially enjoying the pain-free period of no BM haha. I always go in the morning first thing. If I don't go and want to try to get things moving I have a warm prune juice, loads of water or warm herbal tea and then a coffee. That always works for me because coffee makes me go. I just do lots of water etc to make sure I am hydrated and the prunes to help it all move along. Try not to worry, when I missed a day it actually wasn't harder the next day. Just eat light, drinks lots of water and it'll come.
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 12 Jun 2019, 07:43

tightbutt5678 wrote:Also, I hate those days where the BM doesn't come on schedule. It's so stressful even though you should be essentially enjoying the pain-free period of no BM haha. I always go in the morning first thing. If I don't go and want to try to get things moving I have a warm prune juice, loads of water or warm herbal tea and then a coffee. That always works for me because coffee makes me go. I just do lots of water etc to make sure I am hydrated and the prunes to help it all move along. Try not to worry, when I missed a day it actually wasn't harder the next day. Just eat light, drinks lots of water and it'll come.

I had some really bad hard tips this morning :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I didn't want to strain so I stopped. I posted in the General Discussion board to ask for help. Almost want to have a good cry to de-stress.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Abu » 12 Jun 2019, 11:50

Agree with Tightbutt, it is sooo frustrating not to have the BM at the regular time as you start wondering how it will come out knowing that the longer it stays inside the harder it gets.
I personally take 600mg of Magnesium at once, in the evening just before bed, on empty stomach. Magnesium acts as an antacid and taken with food impacts the gastric acid thus slowing down digestion.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby appleapple » 12 Jun 2019, 13:52

6/12

Morning: had a hard stool scary episode. i left the details in my other post. i used liquid glycerin suppository as a last resort (well, close to last anyway).

Spasms calmed down after 4ish hours.

breakfast: banana/blueberries/coconut milk smoothie, some onion soup (not the creamy kind, the broth is almost clear)

lunch: pear+oatmeal, cooked, i added a spoonful of peanut butter and coconut oil
5 prunes as snacks

In my moment of panic this morning, before I used the glycerin, I also took Miralax. Its effects came in in the afternoon, and I had another BM around 3pm. Not much and very loose. I was very nervous since the spasms from the morning BM had just calmed down, but somehow I only got 30min of mild spasms, and then it calmed down.

dinner: cooked spinach, cooked broccoli, bone broth and 2 eggs

will take 100mg mg citrate before bed. hope for a smooth BM tomorrow!

drank about 3L water today.

*** New change effective today
I found that often times my mouth still feels thirsty even after I chug water. Wondering if it has to do with city water quality. I bought purified water today and only drank those. Will try spring water tomorrow to see if there's any difference. I think it's time to invest in my water (either have them delivered or look into water purification systems).
Last edited by appleapple on 12 Jun 2019, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby tightbutt5678 » 12 Jun 2019, 18:19

I can say that having a good cry is good for you. I had an absolute break down last week or the week before. Crying all day, took 2 days off of work because I felt helpless. Not because of pain but just the emotional stress of having the fissure for months and not understanding what to do next. After those horrendous 2 days I feel sooo much better. I needed to let it out.
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 13 Jun 2019, 18:02

6/13

Morning BM didn't come in time (the last one was yesterday 3pm). Since I have to yet completely recover (psychologically) from the super hard stool scare yesterday, I took 2 caps of Miralax around 10am.

BM around 4, tip was harder than the rest but still relatively soft (not the ideal soft though). spasms only lasted less than 30min. after that, just burning and general discomfort. internal hemmies got a bit worse (probably because of the hard stool yesterday), and the skin tag/sentinel pile is causing some discomfort as well.

food:

morning: banana+blueberries+coconut smoothie, 1 spoon of peanut butter

lunch: one whole dragon fruit

dinner: bone broth (20g of protein), 2 eggs, cooked broccoli, cooked spinach

other things: cod liver oil, hemp seed oil, 8-10 small prunes
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Abu » 13 Jun 2019, 22:11

Try ditching bananas and see if the softness gets better
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3