Newbie Hello!

Internal fissures as opposed to External

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Newbie Hello!

Postby Cez » 28 Jun 2019, 10:44

Appleapple.
Thank you for your post.
I had horrible throbbing today...although stool Is soft...dont see colorectal surgeon until September...I think advil would be more effective than aspirin....almost no pain defecating...but after can be brutal.
Cez
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby appleapple » 28 Jun 2019, 11:50

Cez wrote:Appleapple.
Thank you for your post.
I had horrible throbbing today...although stool Is soft...dont see colorectal surgeon until September...I think advil would be more effective than aspirin....almost no pain defecating...but after can be brutal.

Sorry to hear that. I can totally relate though. I've healed to a point where there's almost no pain during a BM (I also squeeze/press one side of my bum cheek with my hand to prevent stretching the fissure), but I still get spasms afterward. How's your pain level? I've come down from level 8-9 pain now though. On most days it's like 2-3 now. I'm off pain killer now but still can't sit.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Cez » 28 Jun 2019, 12:15

Yesterday was ok..maybe 3 afterward. This am afterwards/BM..Maybe 7 or 8..and still very painful .I did not take 5 mg dulcolax last night
..and had to give a littl effort to move bowels. Still have not had doctor look with scope inside yet .yes sitting is the worst
.even donut pillow doesnt work when or really hurts
Cez
Salt Bather

Postby appleapple » 01 Jul 2019, 13:52

Cez wrote:Yesterday was ok..maybe 3 afterward. This am afterwards/BM..Maybe 7 or 8..and still very painful .I did not take 5 mg dulcolax last night
..and had to give a littl effort to move bowels. Still have not had doctor look with scope inside yet .yes sitting is the worst
.even donut pillow doesnt work when or really hurts

Yeah donut pillow doesn't really work for me either. The pillow is still soft, and pulls on the parts of my leg/bum that rests on the pillow, and therefore still adds pressure to my fissure I think. I'd much rather sit on a hard surface, and just sit on one side of my bum, which I can do for a short period of time if I have to.

My during-BM and post-BM pain has been keeping going down (little by little) in the past few days. I think the propolis suppositories I've been using have helped (at least I imagine they killed some germs in my rectum and made it a little easier for the fissure to heal). Could you use something that can be directly applied to the rectum and reach the fissure site to help it heal?
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Cez » 01 Jul 2019, 17:50

hello.
I'm using rectiva 2x daily..with an applicator. ..
However one day I can have a easy soft stool come out..and big throbbing pain
NEXT day large stool..and moderate pain afterwards. I'm quasi set on surgery...and I had fissure previously for over year..and now am tired of obsessing over and fearing bowel movements daily.i See colorectal surgeon in September .I have sitting job..but am allowed to stand at desk..only difficult part is working with keyboard..and I do not have s standing desk.
Cez
Salt Bather