Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy Surgery on Jun 18th

Preparing for surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy Surgery on Jun 18th

Postby Tryingtorelax » 28 Jun 2019, 21:48

Oh and today was better on being able to tell if my bowels were empty. It might be because I tried to relax about it a bit instead of worrying so much. I hope it continues to get better.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 29 Jun 2019, 18:54

good that things are improving for you, may they continue to improve.

i am worried because i'm in a similar position, stools are soft and small but i am straining a bit to get them out since the second LIS i had almost 3 weeks ago. i feel like things have got even tighter than average. i really hope it sorts itself out.

also, what is your pain like from the fissure? has that improved?
Deleted User 4536

Postby Tryingtorelax » 29 Jun 2019, 19:43

I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe it’s the swelling that’s making it feel like that?? I’ve really been trying to breath through the BM and chill out of it doesn’t feel completely empty. I’ve been walking around and coming back later. I feel like the spot where one of my fissures and hemorrhoids was might always feel that way, like pressure there which makes me feel not empty. The pain from the fissures is significantly less. The only time I feel the fissure pain is at the very beginning of my first BM of the day and the pain is faint, like a 2, and very brief. That might change tomorrow. Nothing about this recovery is guaranteed. How about you?
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 29 Jun 2019, 19:49

Post Op Day? I got off on my days somehow I think. I think I’m Day 11 or 12. Things are about the same today. But I wanted to let others know who might have the surgery that the achy pain I have radiates to all parts of my body down there. I don’t know if it’s normal but I assume it might be. The pain is not intense. It’s dull and helped with ibuprofen.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Cez » 29 Jun 2019, 20:14

Still it appears to me as if you are improving step by step...especially relative to your pain before surgery. I'm sure it's frustrating..but it appears to be steady progress!
Cez
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Tryingtorelax » 29 Jun 2019, 21:03

It is Cez. I’m just hoping it continues this way so I can get my life back.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 30 Jun 2019, 21:02

Post Op Day 12
I hate to be a downer but today was not great for me. I know I’ve been mentioning the feeling of not being able to empty my bowels. Before the surgery this was happening and the pressure I felt was by my one of my fissures that also had a connected hemorrhoid. After surgery I did not feel that pressure and I assumed it was because they cauterized the fissure, and removed the hemorrhoid, tag, and papilla. Well today I felt that pressure again and I realized that is what is giving me the feeling of not feeling empty after a bowel movement. I had my first bowel movement this morning which was fine but not a lot and I did not feel empty. My second BM was about an hour later and it was harder and like pellets which confuses me since my first BM was fine. Anyhow. The rest of the day I felt the pressure I mentioned and it drove me nuts. It’s not necessarily painful, just uncomfortable and annoying. Later on this afternoon I had another BM that was near perfect and did not hurt...until after and I had the stinging that I had the first few days after surgery. My fissure was like “hello, I’m still here.” The pressure I felt all day was different after that BM...it wasn’t constant like it had been throughout the day. It’s intermittent, I only feel it every now and then. It feels almost like a knot but not a constant knot. It’s weird and I have no idea if it’s normal or not. I’m thinking that all along I was probably emptying my bowels fine but anytime there is any pressure from gas or stool “that’s not quite ready” it’s just pressing on this area which is giving me the feeling of needing to go and not emptying. I’m making assumptions here obviously. I hope someone else chimes in about this...did anyone else experience anything like this with their fissures? I’ve tried searching for it all through the forums and could not find much. I thought I had read somewhere that people had experienced some kind of pressure/knot by their fissure but I can’t find anything now. I hope this gets better and I’m definitely going to ask my doctor about it at my checkup. I just hope he has an answer. I know this recovery has its setbacks but I’m super bummed after feeling so good for a few days.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Cez » 01 Jul 2019, 09:01

Keep the faith. It's still early in recovery!: )
Cez
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 01 Jul 2019, 20:13

Post Op Day 13
Same thing today as yesterday. A bit more pain. Same kind of weird pressure. I’m down about that but have been trying to focus on relieving the pain, praying, and healing. Sitz baths and walking helped today. This is certainly not a straightforward recovery. BMs have been okay. I’m just praying things get better with the pressure and pain.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Cez » 02 Jul 2019, 18:16

I'm glad you're praying. Spiritual help is a necessity IMO.. Also however always remember that you are not suffering the horrible spasms like before. I must ask. You have not mentioned any fecal..incontinence?!..is that true?If so you've given great hope to many like myself pondering LIS surgery.
Cez
Salt Bather