"It's just a fissure, after all"

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

"It's just a fissure, after all"

Postby ap093 » 07 Jul 2019, 19:57

"Why are you so down all the time? All you've got is a fissure, at the end of the day. Think to those people with cancer or some terminal illness, those have the right to be down, not you"
How many times have you heard such things, from the ones around you? I have a fissure since January. The anxiety of waking up, because that means it's time to face another BM, to face the pain, the tears, the feeling of hopelessness. The desire to go to sleep, and to never wake up again. I'm 25, I've always been a generally happy guy, but man this fissure thing put me on my knees. I have lost 10 kg's, my social life, my job and the will to keep going through this hell of condition that seems to never come to an end. I'm actually counting down the minutes for my LIS. It'll be in 2 days, still 48 hours, hopefully the last 48 hours of misery. For all of your who are suffering cause of a fissure, or have been suffering in the past, I totally get your pain. I get how you're feeling and how desperate the whole situation might look. Sadly, those who have never gone through something like this, will never be able to understand us. My two cents for you all is get the damn surgery done. Give yourself 6-7 weeks of time, but if you're not getting any relief by week 3, then start considering the surgery already. This condition absolutely sucks the soul out of your body, so try to end it as soon as possible, there is no point in suffering so much for a fucking cut. Get over the fears, get over the doubts, go get yourself checked and don't settle hoping for things to get better just because you're scared. Once you've got a fissure for a fairly long period of time, even if you'll manage to heal it conservatively, it'll probably easily come back, and you'll have to start all over again. Get LIS, bring down the tone of your internal sphincter and allow some good blood flow. To end this post, anal fissure is the worst condition I have ever experienced on my life (I have iBS, I have had depression in the past, anxiety, but nothing comes even a little close) and this taught me a thing. Never assume someone else's pain is irrelevant just because the disease he/she's suffering from sounds like a no big deal to you. Try to develop empathy, that's all that really matters in the end, between us humans.
ap093
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: "It's just a fissure, after all"

Postby tightbutt5678 » 07 Jul 2019, 20:22

'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.' This fissure experience has really given that sentence a whole new meaning. I hope that this soon becomes a distant memory of the past but the level of empathy I've developed over these last few months will stay with me for life.
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby appleapple » 07 Jul 2019, 20:43

tightbutt5678 wrote:'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.' This fissure experience has really given that sentence a whole new meaning. I hope that this soon becomes a distant memory of the past but the level of empathy I've developed over these last few months will stay with me for life.

"the level of empathy I've developed over these last few months will stay with me for life"
---- agree with this wholeheartedly!!!
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Okaybum » 08 Jul 2019, 02:10

There are people with just a fissure and there are people who are truly suffering. I've had fissures all my life and all but one has simply healed without doing anything.

Then there are chronic fissures. Perspective is great sure, but those people have no idea on the suffering and the anxiety.

Send them to this video: https://youtu.be/SqsXe2tDLHg

"If you don't got good rectal health, you got dog shit, nothing."

Nice to watch the video, obviously NSFW curse words because...well ..fissures suck
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby dmcff » 08 Jul 2019, 02:21

AF is certainly almost unique in its ability to cause a high degree of pain and discomfort while at the same time receiving very little attention from the medical community. For many, LIS may be the most effective course of action, yet for some LIS may be ruled out on grounds of age, medical history, other factors. There is probably no sure fire treatment that will work for everyone - each person has to find a suitable plan of navigating the various strategies that are on offer, from creams and ointments, stool softeners and Botox to pelvic floor physical therapy, dilatation, yoga and meditation. And the plan needs to be worked out with a CRS, GP or other health professional, people who are not always easily accessible or sympathetic.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby dmcff » 08 Jul 2019, 03:24

Okaybum wrote:Send them to this video: https://youtu.be/SqsXe2tDLHg

"If you don't got good rectal health, you got dog shit, nothing."

Nice to watch the video, obviously NSFW curse words because...well ..fissures suck

That video says it all - thanks Okaybum for the link!
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52