How did your fissure happen?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How did your fissure happen?

Postby rlb273 » 22 Jul 2019, 12:06

I've had hemorrhoids all my life. I think external hems, bad wiping practices, and too much straining over 27 years did it.
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby SueMac » 22 Jul 2019, 12:50

So sorry to hear that. Am I right that you haven’t had this too long? If so I think you have a good chance but it seems we all Get many setbacks
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby rlb273 » 22 Jul 2019, 12:55

It first started having pain about 1.5 years ago. It has been off and on and recently is much better than it was this time last year, but I still get setbacks, especially with hard stool and straining. I don’t usually see any blood anymore, nor does it feel as angry as it was last fall.

I’m interning in a new city this summer and it has taken me out of my normal healing routine so I’ve had a few episodes of pain. But I’m trying to be as proactive as possible. Think I just got dealt a bad hand of genetic cards, as my dad and cousins suffer from this same thing.
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Postby SueMac » 30 Jul 2019, 07:15

Rlb- it sounds like you are on a healing journey and going in the right direction, it’s such a pain to have to keep thinking about it and monitoring ourselves isn’t it? I certainly agree that many of us here have just had bad luck through genes or whatever as we all know people who SHOULD have fissures due to diet, bad toileting etc but do not!! Argh!! Best of luck on your continued healing..
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby rlb273 » 30 Jul 2019, 09:28

Thank you SueMac ! I love to keep this mindset that I am on a healing journey :)
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Postby appleapple » 30 Jul 2019, 16:22

My first fissure happened because of a hemorrhoid ointment that contained steroid (which I was kind of allergic to, made the skin red, weak, and thin) and a bad BM. Gah....
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby SueMac » 31 Jul 2019, 11:25

Bad luck apple how bloomin' annoying is that. Poor you.
Rlb I think a lot is in our minds and being positive can make a massive difference. That and support on here.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby rlb273 » 31 Jul 2019, 14:09

Thanks SueMac, everyone on this forum is very supportive. I hope we all collectively heal from this nuisance of a disease.
rlb273
Fibre Addict

Postby berzerker5220 » 31 Jul 2019, 16:30

I am having a lot of luck with cocoa milk shakes. 1 beer mug worth of it with 7 table spoon of kerrygold powdered milk fullcream, 1 table spoon of natural cocoa, 2 table spoon of cane sugar. Then heat it in a microwave and drink down, when done at night the next morning your shit comes out like jello.

I made the mistake of doing this with KFC thinking the KFC is what was helping but then it starting to clog up so I kept the milk shake diet but switched to things like peas, beans, lettuce and parboiled rice etc and lots of peanuts or almonds.

Been working like magic since and combined with 0.4% nitroglycerine paste I think I am for the first time in my life on the road to recovery.
berzerker5220
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby SueMac » 02 Aug 2019, 04:34

That's great! Kfc actually out me into a massive downward spiral so I avoid that now!!!
Someone told me molasses is good for hard stools so What you are trying is along same lines. My issue is something will work then my body adapts and it stops working. This is so annoying as I would keep on one food or drink forever even if I hated it if it worked. E.g. Rhubarb used to work now doesn't.
SueMac
Fissureologist