The steps forward one back - positive thoughts needed

Progress is so slow just wanted reassurance

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: The steps forward one back - positive thoughts needed

Postby SueMac » 21 Jul 2019, 13:07

I’m hoping this will work for you. I’m not doing that well seems the stress of going on holiday has caused a flare up. I had been steadily improving but hope to be on track soon.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby davminos » 22 Jul 2019, 21:11

Sorry to hear, stress is so damaging, wishing you well!
davminos
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby davminos » 24 Jul 2019, 04:05

Trying not to worry about the next BM is so difficult, but worrying only makes everything worse so working to just do what I can and not stress over it is a goal I'm working on. Best wishes.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby Okaybum » 24 Jul 2019, 04:12

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that, Sue
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SueMac » 24 Jul 2019, 04:34

Thanks- holiday has messed up my diet too and constipation reared up. Brought movicol with me so will start that today.i had been off it for months.
Davimos it’s a good goal to not worry about next bm I am going to have to follow your good example as instead of enjoying holiday I’m thinking about my bowels constantly!
How are you guys doing?
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby Okaybum » 24 Jul 2019, 04:49

I'm on a sitz bath thingy but doing ok. I have reduced my stool softeners as I'm taking too many. Still had 3 bouts of diarrhea and feel like I could go again. I got my standing desk. Went for a walk at lunch. At my daughter's dance as I was putting on her shoes I felt sore and like a pulling sensation. Sat down was immediately better. Maybe too much standing. But I'm managing ok. Terrified of reducing softeners but my dad said it's not healthy then I found an FDA warning on miralax and my blood pressure medication. So I'm trying not to stress about that. I'm not really succeeding but taking it one step at a time. I will talk to the doctor next month about switching bp meds. Or miralax/movicol.

I just know I need to stop pooping 4-6 times a day and I can't have diarrhea forever to keep the fissure healed. I'm hoping that Botox is successful. I don't want to have to wait 6 months if it's not. I think I'll go to another surgeon if so.

Breathe deep and hope you can be stress free soon. *Big hugs*
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SueMac » 24 Jul 2019, 13:07

Thanks okaybum.
Good to hear your update, with keeping stool very soft are you getting better, do you have pain? Blood etc? If so I maybe need to go softer, my issue is more then one bm a day makes me sorer so i can’t go too heavy on stool softeners.
It’s a worry if you are on other meds but try not to get stressed about whats on the internet (I do this all the time!!!) and speak to your doctor as you mentioned. All the best with your healing
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby davminos » 25 Jul 2019, 08:58

It seems one day at a time never rang truer than with this malady. I've taken to using a bit of vaseline before a bm and it helps greatly. The challenge is to keep things smooth, which is especially an issue if you go three to four or so times a day. I've tried to limit anxiety by looking at successes and trying my best to keep a health diet with just enough, not too much fibre, but that seems to change daily at times. What works for a few days doesn't seem to always work well and especially so if it is too hot outside. I just keep telling myself it is an annoyance, and a very painful one at times, but at least it is not a terminal illness. It is depressing as I would just like to go to have a morning bm or two or three and be done with it until the next day, but we're all rigged differently. If anyone has figured out how to just go in the morning that would be a great help!!!!!!! For what it is worth, I'm thinking of all of you and hope everyone gets increasingly better over time!

davminos
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby Okaybum » 25 Jul 2019, 09:07

Keeping stool very soft - yes, absolutely. It was enough to mostly heal my chronic fissure. But I don't believe it's the way to go. although I suspect maybe my issue was hemorrhoids that were being scraped recently during BM and not the fissure as apparently there was one beside my fissure. My fissure at surgery was healing well

Post op - no, pooping diarrhea hurts, but Vaseline is amazing though. reduces the burning. I suspect it's more useful for external fissures. Today I still went 5 times from diarrhea at 1:40 to constipation at 5:30. Drank some prune juice and went this evening. It was solid and there was blood. But BM was small, size of my finger.

Bother. Anyway, taking your advice. I had blood work done twice including before surgery and all seemed fine.

Adding:
Been trying to write this post over an hour now lol. My mom just spoke to me from the US. She had an appointment with my old doctor that treated my acute fissure at 16. She told him about my surgery at her appointment. He's advised coming off stool softeners and taking 2 Fibercon supplements a day. That's what he had me do at 16. I'm going to start the Fibercon that she's sent me tomorrow and then taper down the movicol first. It takes a few days to take effect so I'm not going to stop cold turkey. I figure I'm bleeding still and still have some pain so might as well go for it. It does follow my crs advice as well as the nurse in surgery's advice with just a fiber supplement
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Okaybum » 25 Jul 2019, 09:10

Unfortunately davminos, I have figured out how to go first thing in the morning, but I always go again and again. After the surgery I'm going 4-6 times a day...3 if I'm lucky. One good thing, I poop so many times that I don't get as worked up and anxious while trying to go. I'm just that over it lol
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist