The steps forward one back - positive thoughts needed

Progress is so slow just wanted reassurance

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: The steps forward one back - positive thoughts needed

Postby davminos » 03 Sep 2019, 19:42

Was away, been a while not sure you're reading this SueMac, but want to wish you and everyone reading this thread the very best as we struggle with this malady. All was going well with me, then went too often yesterday and irritated the whole area. Just when I think things are going well, too much fibre and boom. Forward we go. Just want this to finally heal and go to the bathroom without issues.
davminos
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby SueMac » 04 Sep 2019, 02:19

I hope you had a good time away davimos? Good to hear from you.
I understand the frustration!!
I hope you are back on track soon
I d hit a wall well plateau. I have had no flare ups for over a month but I still have post bm soreness which lasts the day. Bm are good and usually once after breakfast. My routine is great now but this fairly low levels soreness persists.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby davminos » 04 Sep 2019, 20:51

It has been generally good the past month and yesterday's detour seems to have passed. Hopefully things will continue going well. Sorry to hear about persisting soreness, that level of discomfort is disconcerting. Does the Dr have any clue as to what is happening? Hang in there.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby SueMac » 05 Sep 2019, 09:01

That’s great news!!
I haven’t seen a doctor since January when I saw the CRS who said fissure healed soreness may persist nothing we can do. So I haven’t bothered since but I am seeing a pelvic floor therapist and I think she is getting somewhere as I now have not had a flare up for many weeks and soreness is low level. She’s confident I will be mended in time.
Anyway meanwhile I hope you stay in a good place!!!
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby davminos » 06 Sep 2019, 22:25

Yes, seems we're doing the best we can, may it continue to improve, thanks for your support, too. All the best!!!
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby SueMac » 08 Sep 2019, 03:25

Fingers crossed! Be interested to hear your updates still
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby davminos » 08 Sep 2019, 09:49

First day yesterday without using any of the nidephine, but still applied small amount of vaseline before morning bathroom duty! So far so good, no pain, no blood, and has been the case for about a month with the one exception a couple weeks ago, which was minor but does reset the healing clock a bit. Have managed to keep stools and movements soft and less frequent. Been eating a half cup of high fiber, very low sugar cereal with 2/3 cup of fresh blueberries and about a cup of 2% Greek yogurt. Also I start the day with one table spoon Greek olive oil. And plenty of water all day. Usually have an orange at some point midday and for dinner usually tomato/cucumber/onion salad with olive oil (and olives) and another couple veggies, usually broccoli or cauliflower and fresh corn. For protein, usually fish or chicken, been eating anchovies (filleted, deboned kind) in olive oil marinade couple of days per week, but also Faroe island Salmon or Aegean sea bass or cod. Haven't had any red meat in at least a couple months. Also have included black beans now and again. Diet is so key, just hoping I can stick with it. I have not given up wine, will have a glass or two, no more, at dinner. Lately, instead of wine at dinner have had a little ouzo!! Going to see CRS on Wednesday, we'll see what happens. Have lost 15lbs too. Just hope the good days continue, but hope is not enough have to stay focused on diet. I may apply the nidephine twice a day until Wednesday appointment. Have been using it for six or seven weeks so not sure if I should continue when all feels well. Sometimes there was soreness in the area but so far that has gone. However, things can change in one BM. Hope your pain goes away and that you are doing well.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby SueMac » 18 Sep 2019, 05:06

How did the CRS appointment go Davimos? It sounds like you were really doing well from your last post.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby davminos » 25 Sep 2019, 20:08

All's going well, no fissure remaining, but CRS said that area will remain weak for some time, upwards of a year so need to be very careful. Hope you are doing well.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby SueMac » 26 Sep 2019, 04:09

That’s great news Davimos. Yes agrees be very careful and then you should be fine.
I am also doing well and not in pain but like you being cautiously optimistic. Good luck.
SueMac
Fissureologist