6 months post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

6 months post LIS

Postby JulsPain » 10 Dec 2019, 22:55

Hello everyone,

I wanted to come back here and follow up on my LIS surgery that I had on July 19th of this year.
I have been doing relatively well, however I have developed Tinnitus so the hours I spent on this forum have now been allocated to another forum unfortunately :(

But back to why you are probably reading this. I honestly cannot say 6 months out that I am 100% healed. It's been a bumpy road to recovery, and I did have some setbacks along the way, the biggest one being in October when I had probably the most blood I've seen after experiencing some constipation.

The surgery site still feels a tinnnny bit sensitive, could be the old skin tag, could just be the surgical site, I'm not sure.
Had a bit of bleeding over halloween weekend too ( I was traveling, not eating well, had a cold and was drinking a good amount so it was bound to happen) but it healed up pretty fast.

One thing I have not experienced at ALL are spams but to be honest these were not bad for me to begin with
I have not had bleeding for about a month now, and 0 burning during BM's.

For some reason, my constipation has eased up significantly as well. At the peak of my Fissure, I was doing everything I could and still getting constipated. I still keep stool softens and glycerin suppositories handy though just in case.

I'll probably end up scheduling another appointment with my surgeon in the new year just to have her check everything out but for now, I am doing a lot better with my fissure than I was last December. What a year it has been.
JulsPain
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: 6 months post LIS

Postby North West Jen » 11 Dec 2019, 00:09

Yay!!! So happy to hear your nearly healed. I hope you continue down the path to full recovery. Keep us all posted.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: 6 months post LIS

Postby ansi2019 » 13 Dec 2019, 09:19

Good luck man & great news for me to read that part of " setbacks during the first months ".
I was so scared last couple days (December 6 - 4 months post LIS) when i felt that tear during BM, so i went back to drinking 2 doses of laxative just in case, a bit of itching the first 2 days (December 7 - 8) than i just feel it during BM now but like 2/10 pain.
I guess like you said, it's part of the healing process which may take more than 4 months or even 6 months.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1