My 2020 LIS and Fissurecotomy Diary

LIS

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 2020 LIS and Fissurecotomy Diary

Postby North West Jen » 29 Jan 2020, 23:25

Day 2 (pm):
Greetings from the tub! Still in pain and needing to take meds every 5-6 hours. I feel more itchy this afternoon, which is a good sign (i hope!). Im just taking it easy and resting. It still hurts to sit so laying side to side is about all i can do. And, of course, still walking like i live at the North Pole. Im hoping tomorrow is a better day but not getting my hopes up as usually the 3rd and 4th days are the hardest after surgery. I’ll report again tomorrow. Good night folks. NWJ
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby North West Jen » 30 Jan 2020, 09:53

Day 3 (am):
I was right in that day 3 is even harder. Couldn't sleep last night. Was in too much pain. Finally got to sleep and woke up needing to have a BM. BM just slid out with no issues at all. Took 2 pain pills and hoped in the bath. Im hoping to get some rest today.

Ok, so this is where i need to say for certain that i know 95% if my pain is from the Fissurecotomy and scraping the scar tissue. I honestly dont even feel my LIS pain until im blowing drying down there to dry off after a bath. I can feel a little stinging pain. My recover would be SO much easier if i had just LIS. I even think i would be up and sitting and doing chores around the house and im only on day 3. So if your reading this and contemplating getting LIS. DO IT! My only regret is not getting it done 3 years ago.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 30 Jan 2020, 23:30

Day 3 (pm):
Had another BM tonight and it was very painful but mainly because the stool is touching raw skin. Again, it just fell out. I haven’t had incontinence but do notice that when I have the urge to have a BM, I better be really close to a toilet. I think this will get better as I heal and not hurting so much. I don’t really want to pinch my cheeks together because it hurts.

I’m still in pain but maybe a little better this afternoon. At least I felt like I was able to control it better with pain meds. Maybe the pain is lessening and getting more controlled with meds. I don’t know for sure. I’m still very uncomfortable and can’t really sit. Walking too much also hurts. In the last hour or so I’ve been getting these sharp knife like stabbing pain. I sure hope it’s just my bodies way of healing. I know you can feel many different sensations and such while your skin is healing.

My only hope is that I feel better tomorrow and continue to get better everyday from here on out. It’s so hard not to feel down and depressed when you can live your life and are pretty much bed ridden. It just plain sucks!
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 01 Feb 2020, 00:31

Day 4:
Did not have a BM today, probably because of 2 yesterday. Pain level during the day was manageable with meds. I went shopping with my daughters for a few hours and managed to get some groceries. But for some reason tonight my pain is in full force. Not sure if I over did it today or what. Laying in bed now nearly in tears because meds don’t seem to be working. I’ll take it easy tomorrow and just rest up.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 01 Feb 2020, 14:23

Sorry to hear you're having so much pain. Hang in there, it will improve soon.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby North West Jen » 01 Feb 2020, 23:31

Thanks Patience and Healing. You mentioned you recovered from a painful skin procedure. Do you recall when you felt like you turned the corner?

Day 5:
Bm first thing this morning and still very painful. Took 2 pain pills and hoped in the bath. Was still in pain most of the day. It was better when on Tylenol and Ibuprofen, alternating through out the day. I told take Oxy after a BM to avoid constipation. I had more discharge from the surgery site today. I wore a pad to keep my underwear clean. I’m not concerned about infection. It seems to be normal discharge from the Fissurecotomy wound healing. I’ve also had a painful skin pulling feeling and more sharp pains. Has anyone experienced this? I’m not too worried but it sure doesn’t feel good.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 02 Feb 2020, 01:53

It was a while ago so I don't remember the exact timeline. I got better for a week but then got an infection which lengthened the healing time. The problem was that the doctor stitched it all up leaving no room for drainage. Plus, the perianal area is full of germs which didn't help matters. Do you have any stitches externally?

Sharp pains are to be expected because the nerves are all confused from being cut. This will take time to go away as they heal. Staying on top of your pain medication might help.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby North West Jen » 03 Feb 2020, 00:11

Day 6:
Pretty same as day 5. BMs are still brutal and I cannot go without medication every 4 hours. Still watery discharge and sharp pain. I know my pain is still from my Fissurecotomy and clearing out scar tissue. I don’t feel any LIS pain, or at least my Fissurecotomy pain over powers it. I am going back to work tomorrow. Not sure how I am going to do this but I am. Wish me luck.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 03 Feb 2020, 23:43

Day 7:
It’s been exactly one week and it’s been a rough one. I had a BM this morning and this evening. The BM this evening was much more painful. I could feel the skin tearing. I assume at the Fissurecotomy site. I couldn’t jump in the bath quick enough. It hurt so bad. I’ve been reading diaries of people on this site who’ve had LIS and Fissurecotomies and is sure seems like their recoveries are so much easier than mine. I’ll be honest. I am hurting bad. Not anything worse I’ve experienced this week already but it just plain hurts. I hurt to walk too much. I hurt to sit too much. I guess I’m just fed up. I thought I’d be further along by now. I just need to be patient and hope each day gets better and better.

I did go back to work Monday and that was ok. I have the option to stand up at work so I just stood when I got tired of sitting. I took ibuprofen every 4 hours and just took it easy. The only thing I missed was having a bath. Instead of my normal 3-4 baths a day, I had 2. Awe, maybe that’s why i felt more tearing for this evenings BM. Not sure.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 04 Feb 2020, 00:38

Sorry your having a hard time have hope and you'll get there. We're all here supporting you from all over the world :smilyhug:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37