My 2020 LIS and Fissurecotomy Diary

LIS

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 2020 LIS and Fissurecotomy Diary

Postby North West Jen » 04 Feb 2020, 09:25

Thanks Missy! If I recall correctly, you’ve been thinking about LIS? Right? If so, DO IT! I don’t want my story to scare anything thinking about LIS. I hardly feel my LIS incision and BMs are so much easier now. They just fall out because I’m not so tight anymore. My pain is all the cleaning out of scar tissue from my fistula surgery in the 6 o’clock posterior position. I basically have an open wound that is very painful.

Day 8 (am):
Some progress today, which I’m so thankful for. Last night was the first night I didn’t wake up and need to take more pain medicine in the middle of the night. Woohoo! Trust me, I’m still feeling the discomfort but it was tolerable. I consider that a win! Thank you day 8!! My morning BM was also not as painful. When I say not as painful, I mean that I wasn’t biting down on a towel and rocking back and fourth on the toilet. It still hurt like a bitch but not as bad. I did notice blood in the toilet with this BM which is something I haven’t noticed before. Usually, I have watery bloody discharge on my pantyliner but never in the toilet. I’m not going to worry to much about the blood as it’s normal to bleed up to 2 weeks (per the discharge papers).
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 04 Feb 2020, 13:50

That's fantastic you've turned a corner. Don't worry about putting anyone off lis. I'm actually doing ok I still have bad days but they are short lived and only every few months I don't warrant lis at this point I wouldn't think. I'll keep checking in to see how your getting on. Really be grateful for any step forward it's only up from here my friend
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 04 Feb 2020, 13:52

Although my bms don't fall out my muscles still have a mind of their own normally lose to start then finish tight I don't know if it's the muscle worrying and being cautious or my mind worrying an making it go tight but the bms falling out sounds nice! Never thought I'd say that in my life hahaha
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby North West Jen » 04 Feb 2020, 22:59

So glad to hear your doing good Missy! My BMs literally just fall out now with no effort at all. It’s amazing. I know LIS was the right choice for me.

Day 8 (pm):
A much better day today. I definitely turned a corner. I still have a long way to go in healing but the pain was much less today. In fact, I went several hours without pain meds. Sitting was easier too. I feel no pain at the LIS site. I’m hoping for a good sleep tonight as I haven’t slept the best since the surgery. I’ve had to get up every 4 hours for more pain meds.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 05 Feb 2020, 23:58

Day 9:
Today was about the same as day 8. Morning BM still painful but not has bad as the first week. Still talking ibuprofen now every 4-6 hours vs the strict 4 hours the first week (often it was every 3.5 hours).
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 06 Feb 2020, 13:17

Great to hear that you are taking less pain medication. Hope the BMs will soon be less painful too.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby North West Jen » 06 Feb 2020, 22:14

Day 10:
Today was about the same as day 9. Pain still there but still not as bad as week 1. I have noticed a thicker discharge today. It’s doesn’t smell bad so I think it’s normal. I’m also not feeling worse so I am taking this all as a positive sign and normal healing process.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 07 Feb 2020, 23:46

Day 11:
Morning BM was a little bit less painful today. In general I’ve had less pain today. I found today was a little easier to sit also. I’m still having more thick discharge and less watery discharge. I hope this is normal. Again, I’m not too worried about infection as I felt better today, no fever, and no foul smelling discharge.

Currently, I’m taking 2 baths a day as I’m back to work now. I’m no longer taking Oxy (yay!). I take ibuprofen every 4-8 hours, lately it’s closer to 6-8 hours. I take tylenol in the middle of the night only if I need some pain medicine as it is more gently on the stomach as I don’t have much food (if any at all) in my stomach. I take 1 capful of miralax at night and my daily vitamins. I’ve also been taking powdered collagen in my morning coffee. I figure my skin needs all the healing help it can get. Haha.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 08 Feb 2020, 23:31

Day 12:
I had 2 BMs this morning which left me feeling really sore, but for the most part felt less pain today than the last couple days. My hope is that I continue on this path until fully healed.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 10 Feb 2020, 00:21

Day 13:
Still having thick yellowish discharge. It doesn’t smell bad. Pain has lessened today even more. I only took 2 ibuprofen right before going into town for grocery shopping. Other than that, I’ve had no pain medicine. Even after BM. The bath helps with the BM discomfort. I’m not totally pain free but can survive without pain meds. This is a huge milestone for me in my recovery.
North West Jen
Salt Bather