My 2020 LIS and Fissurecotomy Diary

LIS

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 2020 LIS and Fissurecotomy Diary

Postby North West Jen » 10 Feb 2020, 23:06

Day 14:
It’s been officially 2 weeks since my procedure. Wow! I’ve come along ways but still have so much farther to go.

Today was my first day with no pain meds. None at all!! I’m doing my happy dance over here. I’ve had less discharge too. Still very soar and tender but manageable without meds. I check the mirror every night after my bath and the last couple of days I haven’t noticed much in terms of healing. Maybe it’s all under the surface right now. Of course, this bums me out because who doesn’t want to heal as quick as possible. I guess I just need to be patient. With all the work I had done it’s going to take time to heal. I seem to need these little pep talks with myself every few days.

I will update once a week now as every few days I seem to have small progress. I feel like my posts have become somewhat of a broken record. I suppose this is a good thing.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby patience_and_healing » 13 Feb 2020, 20:04

Great news on not needing pain medication any more! Full healing will take time but you'll get there.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby North West Jen » 17 Feb 2020, 12:30

Week 3:
Overall week 3 has been good. BMs happening on average 1 a day and not painful but still aware that I’m healing down there. A bath right after takes the slight sting away. No pain meds at all other than taking ibruprofen here and there when I’ve been a little too active. A lot more itching this week and less discharge. During the day I feel a slight burn/stinging and sometimes itchy feeling mainly at the Fissurecotomy sight where they clean out the fissure and scar tissue. It’s not painful enough to take pain meds but more of an annoyance. I think back to week 1 and realize I’ve come so far in my healing process. I still have a ways to go but knowing I’m only in week 3 gives me comfort that I feel like I’m on track to have a full recovery in 6-8 weeks total time. I will update on week 4.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 17 Feb 2020, 12:33

I should also mention that I am not incontinent at all and BMs come out a lot more smoothly with little effort. I do notice I pass gas a little too easily, which sometimes just comes out without notice and sometimes I can feel it and control it.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 25 Feb 2020, 22:51

Week 4:
Week 4 has been about the same as week 3. More itchy feeling and less discharge. I’m still definitely aware that I’m still healing. BMs are not pain free. I still feel stinging during and after which usually goes away pretty quick with a good rinse in the shower and sitz bath. I’m still taking 2 sitz baths a day in the am/pm. During the day I just feel soar like I have a wound trying to heal. It doesn’t hurt but more of an annoying “hey! I’m still here” kinda of feeling. I’ll report back on week 5 to update everyone.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 25 Feb 2020, 23:45

Great news your doing well.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby flax » 26 Feb 2020, 14:43

Happy you are doing so well and it sounds like the surgery has been a success. :D
flax
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby North West Jen » 02 Mar 2020, 09:11

Week 5:
I’m doing well. Still healing and taking sitz baths. I can feel improvement from week 4 but still aware I need more healing time.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby Pzgre » 18 Apr 2020, 11:51

How are you feeling now Jen? Hope you have healed completely.
Pzgre
Salt Bather

Postby North West Jen » 18 Apr 2020, 12:49

Hello! I’m doing well. I’m almost 12 weeks post op and still healing from my Fissurecotomy. The LIS site has been fully healed for weeks now. But where I had all the skin scraped out is still healing. I’m not in any pain. It’s more of a burn, ache, itchy feeling.
North West Jen
Salt Bather