New

New

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New

Postby bouttime » 22 Apr 2020, 15:13

Hello, I came across site and decided to join. I am 52 and had this issue most of my life. I only discovered that it actually had a name a couple years ago googling things and pieced it together that I have some sort of pelvic floor or other disorder. Long story short I had a tough time going number 2 from early age. I would hold it I would strain etc. I know my mother asked the Dr why I screamed on potty and he just said he needs to grow up. That was 1968 or so I guess it wasnt a thing back then. I do recall having tests done drinking awful liquid and getting xrays but I was so little I barely remember what ever was said.

Years went by and I just figured I had really tight muscles and it was mental. I do think it is part mental but that is another story.

BTW I am sort of self diagnosed because when I mentioned to my Dr they sort of dismissed me, mainly because I dont do well taking pills they want me to for blood sugar, BP and cholesterol. I have a real tension problem I know and it manifests a lot in my bowel movements. I eat a healthy diet, never constipated, My Dr is more concerned with my labs than what I deal with every hour of every day when I go the bathroom, anticipate the bathroom, and on and on. I am not faulting the Dr I know I am a pain as a patient

I do drink too much I admit, but mainly my problem has always been relaxing enough to fully have a BM, I always stop in middle and it takes 3 attempts and then it is never complete unless I help with a homemade enema. I dont do that often so I end up with a constant sore anus slathered in diaper rash ointment or calmoseptine.
Sometimes it is worse and is a full on fissure. I am so used it it now when I am not in pain it seems strange.

Anyway I have decided to check this forum out and start dealing with it more proactively. I am overdue for a colonoscopy but I keep canceling because I never heal. I am scared I have had it so long that it will turn out to be something way worse.

This was sort of rambling and compressed but anyway I am glad you are here I dont feel so alone and embarrassed. This is not really something I have talked about. My wife sort of understands but she thinks I am crazy anyway.

I am going to read the posts here and learn what I can, Maybe someday I can help someone eles.
Thanks
bouttime

Topics: 2

Re: New

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Apr 2020, 13:00

It's a long and awful pain journey you've had. I think the first stop you could make would be a pelvic floor physical therapist who can help you reduce muscle tension, and provide biofeedback training to make BMs easier. It's hard work but PT can provide great results if you follow through with home exercises.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: New

Postby bouttime » 25 Apr 2020, 13:40

I didnt think this original post went through so I posted again, sorry, Thanks for the suggestion, I did work work with a PT for a lower back issue and I got the idea back then that maybe that would help. Thanks
bouttime

Topics: 2