LIS Scheduled

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS Scheduled

Postby techy19 » 20 May 2020, 00:12

Hi all, 30 year old guy with an anal fissure. I've been suffering for about 3 years. I've tried botox 3 times and now the doctor is recommended LIS, I've gotten 3 opinions.

I finally scheduled it but I'm extremely nervous. I realize a of of people are telling their horror stories on here which is understandable but I was wondering if you all could share your experience the bad and would love to hear the good that has come from their surgery!

I want to know what the recovery is really like. The doctor said "not gonna lie, it's rough but only for about 10 days max and then about 6-10 weeks to heal .

Would love any insight
techy19

Topics: 1

Re: LIS Scheduled

Postby chachacha » 20 May 2020, 09:55

You might want to visit our Fissure Success Stories forum. success-stories-only-f10.html There are a lot that include those who've had LIS and how it was for them. Good luck with your surgery, and please come back afterward to let us know how you fared. The vast majority of people do well though, so you'll most probably be in that group!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19