Three days post LIS after dealing with AF for 5 years

LIS recovery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Three days post LIS after dealing with AF for 5 years

Postby Savaici » 21 Jun 2020, 13:29

This is my info from when I did dilation. I did not realise that I did it for a year! Every day. Hard work. There is someone who used to come a lot to the forum, and she had had surgery and had to dilate after it. She had a wonderful doctor too. I will try and remember her name on here and post it:

"Don't be afraid of doing the dilation. Just be gentle with yourself. Keep the dilator in for as long as feels comfortable for you. Sometimes I only had it in for a couple of minutes, sometimes 10-15 minutes. The muscle (internal spincter) feels like a brick wall at first! Just go slowly.

Only use the pediatric dilators and start with the very smallest for short periods of time. Build up the time you leave it in gradually. Warm the dilators under running water and just relax when you use them. For me the best position was on all fours, head to the ground. Then I would gingerly lower myself to my side... Lying on your side is more usual though.

Dilators: Just get the ones you need. I started with 8mm and went up to 15mm eventually. These are pediatric dilators. They use them after surgery on young children. I did not have a prescription; I just ordered and paid for them online.

This is the link for the pediatric dilators:

http://ssp-inc.com/products/pediatric-p ... -dilators/

I used Sliquid Organics Natural Gel or Soothe as lubricants. Both are great lubricants and I used both of them at intervals and they are excellent in my opinion. Mostly I used the Sliquid. I tried KY jelly and I hated it. Never used Vaseline, as per doctor's advice.

Links for Sliquid and Soothe:

http://sliquid.com/full-width/sliquid-o ... tural-gel/

http://www.intimateorganics.com/store/p ... 2F2oz.html

I worked at this for a year. It is hard work to be moderately pain free (very pain free in comparison to how I was). I also use a Sitz bath, each time I poop!!"
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby AKDad37 » 21 Jun 2020, 13:31

Thank you so much for the info and the links!
AKDad37
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 21 Jun 2020, 13:34

You're welcome!
Savaici
Administrator

Postby AKDad37 » 21 Jun 2020, 13:35

For the Sliquid lubricant, would you recommend the "H20" basic water based lubricant over the rest?
AKDad37
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 21 Jun 2020, 13:40

Suzyljank is the one who had the surgery.

I will look up the one I used from Sliquid Right now I am just using a water based one from my local pharmacy.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Savaici » 21 Jun 2020, 13:44

I used this one: https://sliquid.com/shop/sliquid-organi ... -organics/

Aloe Vera based & water solubleFormulated with organic ingredients100% Vegan friendly/ NO animal testingWater soluble and easy to clean upGlycerin, paraben, & petroleum freeLatex, rubber, & plastic friendlyHypoallergenic and non-toxicNon-staining, unflavored and unscentedUniquely blended to emulate your body’s own natural lubricationpH balanced (4.0 – 4.4 pH)
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Savaici » 21 Jun 2020, 13:48

Do you know how to search for suzy's posts?
Savaici
Administrator

Postby AKDad37 » 21 Jun 2020, 13:48

Unfortunately no, if you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction I'd love to read through that
AKDad37
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 21 Jun 2020, 13:51

Let me know if this works:

member/suzyljank/topics/?sf=firstpost
Savaici
Administrator

Postby AKDad37 » 27 Jun 2020, 10:02

Little update

This week for the most part has been the best I've had in awhile.

I have had less of the horrible tension and tnesmus associated with my pelvic floor. I've had the most normal bowel movements I've had in weeks (long, formed and for the most part soft) that don't look like squished and flat. They are hard tips though.

I've been dilating with my finger using a glove and Nifedipine twice daily. Still waiting for my actual dilators

On the other hand, I have pretty fresh blood on the wipe since Wednesday after a slightly larger than normal BM. It feels like the pain during and after BM is located on the upper right side of my anus and slightly inside. I don't know if it's my fissure, or my incision or something else. Regardless, there is no blood on the stool (classic line of blood) and honestly it's not a lot, but there is some nagging pain and a feeling of fullness at times in the location throughout the day.

Sitting seems to alleviate the pain a little.

Either way I'll take that over not being able to pass gas, stool and feeling like I have to poop all the time. It's a minor inconvenience, and hopefully it will resolve before my next follow up.

The best way to describe the pain is somewhat sharp and stingy. Maybe a hem?
AKDad37
Salt Bather