Botox Again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox Again

Postby SueMac » 17 Dec 2020, 08:40

Thanks Missy, I’d give all of them a go it’s partly time and money holding me back.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby SueMac » 17 Dec 2020, 10:56

I’m really going to look into this guys. I just started meds for an under active thyroid as well and I’m feeling a bit anxious I think. Maybe it could help with well being?
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby SueMac » 17 Dec 2020, 10:57

How are you okaybum? I’ve been off line recently
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby missy moo » 28 Jan 2021, 17:11

Now 36 wks pregnant and yet another set back im starting to worry that I'll have an active fissure while giving birth. Todays fissure pain was the worst in 6 months so im not happy. That typical passing glass pain or passing a razor blade which ever you prefer. I want lis i think :cry: :dunno:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Suffering2long » 28 Jan 2021, 18:08

Hi Missy, I’m so sorry you’re going through this again. I’m in the same boat..Are you able to see a CRS? They might be able to put your mind at ease. It’s the most terrible condition while you’re pregnant!!
I think I recall you said you had an anterior fissure? If so they are likely to be from a low pressure sphincter and Lis is unlikely to work as would Botox. Not 100% but I have been reading about these lately.

My mental health has seen better days. I can’t look for work until this is fixed. I’m not a fun person at the moment. I wrote a diary last year in the diary section but haven’t updated for a while. I will do when I see the surgeon again in February.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 28 Jan 2021, 20:45

Hey I've seen 4 crs over the last 7 years they all say the same thing lis is great but theres risks. I dont think fissures are caused by low pressure sphincter i think what you mean is the anterior fissures heal better because they have better blood flow were as the posterior gets less blood flow? Anyways bottox did help so that makes me think its a high pressure issue. Ill definitely get the tone test done before i jump at botox bit its expensive and is done separately if ypu would like to before going for lis otherwise they just do lis. I'd rather pay an check my tone first. Keep me updated i know the mental toll and to be honest thats the worst part it takes over you mentally. Not nice at all an no way to live.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 30 Jan 2021, 14:04

3 year update!! I would recommend everyone to try botox give it 1-3 rounds over the period of 6-18 months if your life isn't back to normal try another option. Botox is a maybe fix and its slow but less risk. My first botox was 3 years ago and my second botox 2 years ago. I don't recommend doing them 1 year apart i think it could work better if you did the second or third doses closer together maybe. Who knows but 3 years have passed now and my life has been improved but the fissure still dominates my mind alot and worry about what i eat still i drink tons of water an tske 2 movical stool softner sachets pr day. I still have set backs they are just less often an less severe the set backs are once every few months and last about 5 days roughly. Burning stinging and cutting during bms like passing a piece of glass then burning and stinging up to 20mins afterwards. Also random bits of pain during the day thats either a throb or an electric shock feeling. So thats my 3 year update on my botox journey.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 04 Feb 2021, 09:41

Thanks for the update, it’s so helpful to give feedback for others on the forum.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Postby missy moo » 04 Feb 2021, 13:43

Hey suemac i wish i wasn't here haha like all those people that explain their situation then get lis then disappear and don't update you can assume its because they went back to living. But we'll all get there at some point. Im due to have baby in 3wks so i mite not be on here much but I'll come back after i have baby to update my fissure status really hoping i get a few wks break from it after baby is born.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 05 Feb 2021, 05:19

I really hope that you enjoy your new baby and this fissure worry will fade into background. I know what you mean once healed vast majority of people would no longer post. That’s why good news stories are so helpful for these kinds of forums to give people hope.
I really wish you the best for your new baby .
SueMac
Fissureologist