LIS vs Botox

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS vs Botox

Postby AFVictim » 09 Mar 2021, 06:18

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have been a sufferer of an anal fissure for 16 years now having first had it at 24 years of age.

It came about from a heavy bout of diarrhoea and has since been managed with the use of Macrogol 3350 (Movicol, Miralax, Laxido). I have tried almost everything from GTN, Dialtizem, Nifedipine, every stool softener and most recently Botox although it has failed to heal.

Taking 4 sachets a day of Movicol seems to be the only way I can have a easy bowel movement but its the throbbing pain I feel after that really is causing me problems. My Anal Sphincter spasms aggressively after every bowel movement which is the main problem right now.

My doctor has stubbornly advised to try botox again although I feel this is not going to work. I am in the UK and the general approach is to try Botox before LIS.

Can anyone who has been in my situation advise and is LIS most likely the best approach?
AFVictim

Topics: 1

Re: LIS vs Botox

Postby missy moo » 14 Mar 2021, 01:19

Ive been suffering 7.5 years and ive had botox twice i still have flear ups right now im having a bad setback which has me feeling really depressed. Im a mum of 3 so was advised to try botox first. Are you male or female? You could give it 1 last shot cant hurt atleast you know you gave it a good go first.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37