LIS Questions

Please correct/confirm my assumptions

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS Questions

Postby posertiermadness » 16 Jul 2021, 21:01

Fissurectomy didn't do it and the surgeon (or more likely resident pulled tail bone ligaments...about 4-6 mo before they heal). The fissure feels a bit better if I'm really careful with what I eat as well as doing yoga (carefully) to stretch out the pelvis. However, I'm pretty sure I will need LIS. So, I would really like if those in the know can speak to these assumptions:

1) LIS can relax the sphincter so that the fissure can heal, but even if it does not heal it will not go from bearable paper cut to excruciating because it can't rip it apart like it used to. Correct?

2) Initial incontinence and flatulence after LIS is pretty normal, but longterm it is not very likely. Correct?

3) LIS will make future issue less likely (I will be maintaining a healthy fibre filled diet and doing yoga, walks, etc.).

4) Anything else you'd like to tell me.

I so very much appreciate all of you and know you are some of the bravest/strongest people on the planet!
posertiermadness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: LIS Questions

Postby kbhappy2 » 21 Jul 2021, 00:40

I cant wait to anwser some of these for ya ! LIS up next week....... :/
kbhappy2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3