New here - Hey! :)

Awesome there is a forum like this!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here - Hey! :)

Postby Ginger55 » 28 Jul 2021, 05:23

Hey Biscuit, How are you getting on?
Ginger55
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Fissurefrustration » 28 Jul 2021, 12:41

hey Bathboi, are you from Bath UK? if so, I'm just down the road! welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing your story. have a look at my diary and read through my story, it goes back a fair few years. 10 I think now.
I'm finally 99% healed after years of pain and my best way out of it following botox and scar surgery was actually dilatation and vitamin oil.

hope recovery finds you swiftly

J
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Bathboi » 06 Aug 2021, 15:50

Hi J,

I'm from Havant, Hampshire UK.

Thanks for those tips. I'll certainly look into those.

At the mo I'm just researching and playing with the diet. It made it easier to go and dropped the pain, going from 11/10 to a much more manageable 6-7. I've also had some set backs with non soluble fibre (making me go so much that it's hindered recovery) so I've held back on that, being as I'm so sensitive to it).

The only laxative I can get is Dulcoease/soft and I've actually found that (believe it or not) to cause mild constipation at the beginning of bowl movement. Maybe my get just doesn't agree with it anymore?

Soluble fibre has been the go-to for me, especially as docs seem to push-back on prescribed laxatives and any forms of ops right now.

Dialation makes a lot of sense but not sure is this is hospital treatment or if you're doing this yourself. My doc never went over this and just botox or the cut (but the latter is a last resort).

I'll check out your write-up on this.

Thanks again
Bathboi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Fissurefrustration » 06 Aug 2021, 15:59

Hey, my CRS recommended very very slow and small dilatation at home which I’ve done. I do it every day with dilators I’ve bought online, started off small then worked my way up
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Bathboi » 11 Aug 2021, 11:30

Hi J,

Ah, great. I may need to look into this a little later as I'm concerned that due to it being early in the healing process, it could cause the fissure to get worse. I'll certainly look into it later though. Thanks.

I'll checkout your diary.

Thanks
Bathboi
Fibre Addict

Postby Neededrelief » 09 Sep 2021, 15:05

Hi. I’m new here. Been suffering for nearly nine months and it doesn’t seem to get any better. I have dealt with hemorrhoids for many years. Had banding done three years ago. It helped for a while. Now I have been dealing with what my CR Surgeon has had difficulty diagnosing.Finally, I had a simple fistulotomy 2 1/2 weeks ago. Thought it would finally be time to heal. It seems to be two steps forward, one step back. Then two steps back, no steps forward.

I started getting a little relief last Thursday. Pushed myself and now I’m right back to where I was before surgery. Terrible rectal pressure, drainage, etc. incision isn’t the issue. It’s the pressure. Saw the doc on Wednesday and now I have a fissure. Finally, I have been put on two antibiotics. Ciproflaxaxin and Metronidazole. Do they work? And if so, how long. I’m losing it. Considering resigning from my job.
Neededrelief

Postby Bathboi » 14 Sep 2021, 11:03

Hey,

I'm so sorry to hear this and I know how difficult it can be working with such issues (and having to try to explain it to managers).

The fissure will need attention with an easy to digest diet, ointments, regular baths as well as being off your feet and relaxing as much as possible (and laxatives if constipation is making it difficult to pass at all).

However, I'm not sure on how laxatives would work around a fistula (as you mentioned pressure). I believe I've only suffered with piles and fissures, so I'm limited on advice for a fistula. Could the doc have avoided fissure ointments because of this?

If you haven't yet, I'd recommend adding a new thread on advice for fistula's as well, so other people with experience in that, can more easily see it and respond.

I really hope you get extra advice on this as well as the time to heal so you can continue with your job.
Bathboi
Fibre Addict

Postby Neededrelief » 30 Sep 2021, 16:52

Thank You. I had an appointment today and my CRS said that I am healing. Feel better some days and not so much on others. I have had two infections that were set-backs. On top of that, I have now developed a fissure. Starting Nifedipine ointment tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Neededrelief

Postby Bathboi » 16 Dec 2021, 17:58

Hey Neededrelief,

Glad you got the appointment to get the ball rolling on checkups. Hope the ointment is working for you?
Bathboi
Fibre Addict

Postby Neededrelief » 17 Dec 2021, 11:50

Scheduled for LIS next Thursday. Hoping this will put me on the road to recovery.
Neededrelief