Botox Again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox Again

Postby missy moo » 12 Feb 2022, 14:39

I'm trying to heal my gut and fix any inflammation so that i can go back to eating other things. I've ditched all red meat, all gluten, all dairy. Don't know if I'll ever eat them again but i will try to slowly reintroduced them one at a time in a few months time maybe and see if my body has a problem with any of them. I'm literally just eating fruit, veg, salad, small amount of chicken or fish. Not even any nuts or seeds. Just trying to get somewhere in life with my health you know i just want to have a healthy healed happy digestive system and thats my whole focus right now. I'm still breastfeeding so trying to be mindful of that don't want to atop just yet but it doesn't help the constipation or digestive issues
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby SueMac » 16 Feb 2022, 09:18

Thanks I’m feeling much better about the future.
I hope the constipation is getting better. I try to have some dried fruit (any kind) every day as that helps me. I like dried pears at the moment. Do you think you came off the laxative too quickly?
I’m glad you are feeling more positive in yourself.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2022, 17:22

Well its been 2wks now and still constipated like hard bits of stool throughout bms but i only have psin during bm then next to nothing after that. I love droed dates maybe I'll make a point of eating a handfulv of them everyday. I hot sick of the softeners again because still having constipation and odd flear ups so it must not be the answer. If the. Muscle an fissure can only handle soft soft for ever that will never ever work longterm because of bms change they will never ever be soft soft every single day for the rest of our lives despite everything we do or dont do. Gotta live normal life get back to having normal bms and try get the fissure an muscle to adjust to normal bms. Thats my new view sick of softeners we shouldn't need softeners or stimulate laxatives if our diet and lifestyle was on the right track. I'll keep you up dated stay safe xx
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby SueMac » 17 Feb 2022, 06:12

Sounds good plan. I’d love to stop softeners altogether but I’ve tried to get off movicol but can’t I get such hard bms. I’ve got down to half a sachet a day but can’t get off it. Meanwhile I have dried fruit and apple juice (good quality from farm shop) every day.
Keep me posted on how you are going.
SueMac
Fissureologist

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 18 Feb 2022, 03:24

Will do ps pear juice mite be better then apple. Take care will catch up again soon
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 03 Jun 2022, 15:47

To anyone who reads my story in the future. I healed my chronic 8.5yr old anterior fissure by getting off softeners an taking a small amount of fiber each day but now after 6-7 wks of bliss I'm back with a new posterior fissure i believe it has been caused by my daily hard nugget bms that aways start off the bm so frustrating but what can i do i just hope this one doesn't last 8.5 years aswel. I drink 3ltrs of water each day so wouldn't think it was caused by dehydration. I am breastfeeding though. I have done cleanses in the past like eating only soup for a wk an still got random days of hard bits of stool at the start of bms so not sure whats causing the hard bits
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Horribleaffliction » 04 Jun 2022, 15:36

Hi Missy I‘m new to this forum but sadly not to bum problems. I’ve read your thread all the way through & it seems to the path Im on. I had my first botox 6 weeks ago after developing a fissure following a fistulotomy. Mine is anterior too and I think has been causing problems on and off since I has my children 20 years ago! I think it caused the abscess/fistula and I seem to be in a cycle I can’t escape where one leads to the other. The pain from this fissure has been unreal & has stolen my life away. I thought I was cured by the Botox until 2 days ago when I had a re tear with blood and pain. I am heartbroken as I think I’m right back where I started. Like you I don't know what to do about the hard start to a BM - doesn’t matter how soft I get things. I wonder if I’m anatomically out of line somewhere. I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with a new fissure and really hope it is an easier one this time.
Horribleaffliction

Postby missy moo » 05 Jun 2022, 00:51

Hey sorry to hear we have this sh## in common what a pain a## this has been for both of us but you 20years my goodness thats terrible. I completely understand the heart break an feeling back at the start again. Many have said botox is 50/50 but o think with a chronic fissure its more like a 20% chance of working. I've only seen 1 or 2 people on here with a chronic fissure heal from botox an I've been on this sit sice my fissure began so i don't have hope if botox anymore also as you know I've unsuccessfully had it twice. I really hope we heal soon. Were in the world do you live? Have surgeons mentioned lis to you? Also my anterior fissure was so much more painful then this posterior one which i guess is 1 positive thing.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Horribleaffliction » 06 Jun 2022, 14:50

Hi Missy this is my third attempt to post a reply to you - really struggling with this forum! I’m in the Uk so will ask for lis after another round of Botox but don’t know how good that is for a female with an anterior fissure - we’ll se as although I’m scared I’d take the risk. This set back is a major one & Im really depressed about it.
I hope you are doing ok and that the posterior fissure is continuing to hurt less. Are you undergoing any treatment for it?
Horribleaffliction

Postby missy moo » 07 Jun 2022, 01:58

Just reread i last reply and can't be bothered fixing the typos lol. Yep this site does that often it pays to copy your reply incase it disappears. I'm sorry your feeling depressed i completely get it. Try as hard as you can to focus on the things you are grateful for. I'm not getting any treatment currently just using the rectogesic cream. The wait list for all surgery's in nz is long as so if i have to do something down the track I'll go private. But for now I'm doing ok
missy moo
King Fissure