Anal fissure healed with GTN but still uncomfortable

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure healed with GTN but still uncomfortable

Postby Idontknow567 » 21 Jun 2022, 14:53

Hi all

I had a chronic fissure from November last year which from March until right at the start of June I used GTN cream for. Thankfully my CRS confirmed on digital inspection that is was healed and to stop the cream. It’s been nearly three weeks since I stopped it, and it’s still sometimes itchy and today when I’ve been in the same area it felt almost “scratchy” as I had a BM, but not in an itchy way. Almost like it was a bit dry down there. I have looked and can’t see a fissure but the sentinel pile is a little irritated. Has anyone else had theirs heal and still suffered on and off with sensations like this?

I have seen numerous doctors and more recently a CRS who confirmed it has healed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Idontknow567

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure healed with GTN but still uncomfortable

Postby AF3 » 03 Jun 2023, 14:08

Hi Idontknow567,

It's been a while since your original post and I don't know if you are still on this forum. Hopefully you are healed and gone! If you aren't I was wondering if your sentinel pile issue got resolved? I have a skin tag/sentinel pile that keeps filling up (usually after a hard-ish BM - I say hard but it's all relative, given the water and Movicol that I take). As of late, the tag is filling up after a soft BM, and like you said, it feels dry and is irritated and I don't know what to do to help it calm down.

My tag got really bad after a first round of Botox and it has not calmed down after it, but I found Sitz baths and coconut oil help to moisturize the whole region. I hope some of this helps.

Would really like to hear your experience as well!!

Thank you
AF3
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby easypeasy » 12 Jun 2023, 18:56

"felt almost “scratchy” as I had a BM, but not in an itchy way. Almost like it was a bit dry down there."

You just described my experience exactly. It doesnt feel the same way after being healed, please stay on top of things because I retear quite often after healing.
easypeasy

Postby AF3 » 13 Jun 2023, 04:33

Hi easypeasy,

Very pleased to hear that you did heal but equally sorry to hear about the re-tears.

When you do re-tear, do the tags fill up again?

The tag swelling drives me nuts, more than the fissure, because when they’re swollen, I can’t really walk with any comfort and overall, no exercise is possible. I am trying to find some hope that this will resolve eventually and that I can get my life back but it can feel pretty desperate at times!
AF3
Salt Bather

Postby SorePeach » 08 Jul 2023, 06:34

Hi!

I have a similar situation! There seems to be a papilla that is irritated and it hurts to walk, like all the stuff down there is getting rubbed together. The skin feels dry, but definitely isn't, as I apply tons of cream!
Nov 2013: fissure misdiagnosed as piles:hem cream
May 2014: healed
Sep 2014: relapse
June 2015: dilitiazem+Miralax
Mar 2018: diagnosed with IBS, new round of dilitiazem, fissure healed
Jan 2023: relapse
May 2023: on daily Miralax again
July 2023: GTN
SorePeach
Fibre Addict

Postby AF3 » 09 Jul 2023, 04:11

Hi SorePeach,

I find that mine depends on the consistency of the BM but also, like you, it feels dry despite cream. Have you tried various oils like coconut or calendula? I’m about to try calendula also because of its anti-inflammatory properties
AF3
Salt Bather

Postby GrrrAF » 09 Jul 2023, 09:09

Hi Everyone,

My sentinel pile first appeared during a second bout of severe anal spasms and kept growing for ~ 6 months after that it stopped along with the moderate pain with BMs. Since, it has been quite soft flimsy no swelling and has never hurt or irritated me or felt dry thankfully though I hate it and wanted to get removed but CRS warned me of risks more pain so I didn't. I believe my fissure is 100% healed now. If your sentinel pile is more hard stiff-like I wonder if fissure is still active or you may still be in healing stages which appeared to be case for me?
I do have another tag from an external hemorrhoid and it never irritates me either but it does swell often (then shrinks) who knows why had for years but only last year got larger started swelling so assume because easier to rub with more surface area? I'd like to remove it also but don't want more problems; hate these little appendages!
GrrrAF
Fibre Addict

Postby SorePeach » 11 Jul 2023, 04:05

Hi AF3,

I tried coconut oil and didn't feel much difference...never tried calendula. Let us know how it goes!
Nov 2013: fissure misdiagnosed as piles:hem cream
May 2014: healed
Sep 2014: relapse
June 2015: dilitiazem+Miralax
Mar 2018: diagnosed with IBS, new round of dilitiazem, fissure healed
Jan 2023: relapse
May 2023: on daily Miralax again
July 2023: GTN
SorePeach
Fibre Addict