Post-LIS - 3 BMs a day

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post-LIS - 3 BMs a day

Postby pappupager » 04 Nov 2022, 20:46

I have blood sometimes from incision site which is outside my rectum. For you it might be coming from incision site only not from fissure. I have not seen any blood in stool so far other than that when I wipe. I have sitting pain but very minimal (1.5 on scale of 10). I can actually sit and stand for long time. My only concerns right now is incision is not healed yet and slight leakage while passing gas. So far I am able to control my stool and gas.

I have been taking full meal right from day 1. It is actually recommended. Metamucil helped in bulky stool which I feel helped me reduce my BM to 1 per day. I have already started tough foods also like nuts and other things. so far they have not given any problem to me. My tips based on my experience.
1. Do not take stool softener instead take fibre supplement to make your stool bulky and help sprinter to adjust.
2. Incision site is outside of your rectum therefore leakage sometimes come from there and not from rectum.
pappupager
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby QQ_QQ » 04 Nov 2022, 20:55

I use a bidet so wiping after a BM is usually just to try off so there isn't any blood when I do wipe. I'll be conscious of it tomorrow and just use some toilet paper before bidet and see if there is any blood and let you know. But i definitely have blood on the stool. It's a streak, similar to how it was with the fissure but the pain isn't there that I would usually face when I had fissures in the past.

I'll see how my reduced diet works out tomorrow morning and respond based on that as well.

My sitting / standing pain may be from the abscess drainage if it's not from the incision site. I'm not entirely sure.

But like you, I am able to control both stool and gas. Just some leakage when passing gas but I would imagine that would subside with time, especially since I had a botox injection a month before LIS so I currently have the effects of both for a little while longer.

I haven't taken a look down there, kind of tough to. I've just been going by how I feel and it's not healed just yet. I have a checkup with my colorectal surgeon in 2 weeks as well.
QQ_QQ
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby QQ_QQ » 05 Nov 2022, 09:02

Blood on the stool this morning again. Also tried to wipe before using the bidet to see if there was any blood and there was. So I imagine maybe the blood on the stool is from the incision site still and not the fissure? I really don't know. There is no pain when passing the stool. Just a very mild scratching. But not major at all. Maybe a 1/10
QQ_QQ
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?