Post Lis spasms

Post LIS Spasms

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post Lis spasms

Postby Spazman » 14 Dec 2022, 02:30

Hello everyone, 11 days ago I had LIS surgery. I got through the hard part of the pain, but I am still experiencing small almost like tick muscle spasms throughout the day. I get about 30 to 50 of them throughout the day and the pain can be from 1-4.

I am curious if anybody else has experience this because I thought that after the surgery I should be relieved of muscle spasms? I’m not sure if it is due to possible veins in the area being overly stretch during the surgery, hemorrhoid, or anything else. It’s interesting because before the surgery I had similar muscle spasms throughout the day just like these so I’m wondering if the surgery worked or not otherwise though I feel really good and I do fight there’s less pressure in my bum.

Thank you everyone
Spazman

Topics: 1

Re: Post Lis spasms

Postby Danalope » 23 Dec 2022, 02:44

Yes I had it post op, it’s due to swelling of the sphincter muscle post surgery, which mimics spasms. Solution for me was ice pack several times a day for 15 mins each time, spasms stopped after a day or so starting this. Good luck!
Danalope
Salt Bather

Topics: 1