anal fissure after hemorrhoids surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

anal fissure after hemorrhoids surgery

Postby gsmthe » 17 Jan 2023, 04:50

Hi everyone,

This is my story. I had 2 hemorrhoids surgeries. The first one was done using a procedure called stapled hemorrhoidectomy which removed almost all the hemorrhoids. But, I think the I had a big one that wasn't removed and it was tacked in a way below the skin. After 5-6 years from the surgery, the hemorrhoid appeared again and then I did a 2nd surgery. This time it was a traditional hemorrhoidectomy. However, I now have a fissure where the surgery trauma is.

The fissure most of the days, if I am at home and I manage to clean my self and do a sitz bath is not that painful. However, it does not heal. I am healing up to a point and then if I am not careful what I eat or drink it becomes worse.

I've tried GTN and diltiazem. It seems that it helps a bit but I get bad headaches from GTN and diltiazem gives me a burning sensation. I am trying to use GTN now and the headaches are become less painful every day but I am very disappointed so far.

It's 3 years after the 2nd surgery and I am still in pain.

Any advice?
Thanks
gsmthe
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: anal fissure after hemorrhoids surgery

Postby MartinB » 05 Mar 2023, 13:14

It sounds like you've tried everything possible, other than LIS surgery. Three years is a long time to suffer, but I get it. I waited far too long before taking the plunge, and everyone has their own breaking point. Has your doctor recommended a LIS?
MartinB
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2