Hello Again

MIA

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello Again

Postby MartinB » 27 Feb 2023, 13:44

Hello forum members,

I was formerly known as (moderator) chachacha, but when I purchased (and started using) a new computer about (6?) years ago, I lost my login information. I tried to make contact with the site's admin team, but was never successful, even though I made several attempts over the years. I still receive an occasional notice of a response to one of my old posts, so decided today to create a secondary email address and joined up as a new member. I see from the recent posts that patience-and-healing is still here and find that very impressive! I suppose though, that I would still have been here too, if I'd been able to log in, lol.

If it might be possible to reclaim my old identity, that would be great, but otherwise, I'll try to help from my new perch here as MartinB.

So hello to all of the recent sufferers and to those I knew in my last "life".
MartinB
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Hello Again

Postby patience_and_healing » 28 Feb 2023, 12:20

Wow, chachacha, or should I say MartinB, it's so nice you see you here again! I hope you are in good health. I wondered why you disappeared and sent you a PM long ago. I can see now why you weren't able to reply to it.

I'm still here as well as dmcff, because we have to approve each new post. This was a change made because of all the spam.

There is one annoying issue with this forum which hasn't been fixed yet. Users get logged out before a post is submitted. I make sure to copy my post before hitting submit, but a new user may not know that.

Anyway, it's great to hear from you!
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby MartinB » 28 Feb 2023, 16:41

I'm so sorry that I missed your PM! I would have loved responding, as I always did, and if I'm able to reclaim my old persona, maybe that will be possible.

Do you know if that can be done?

Thanks for the heads-up on the disappearing post front, I will keep that in mind and do as you do going forward.

I hope that you have been well and safely navigated the COVID storm.
MartinB
Fibre Addict

Postby dmcff » 01 Mar 2023, 11:51

Welcome back to the forum, chachacha - it's good to see you again. You were last here in February 2021 according to the forum records. I'm not sure if your old account can be reactivated right away (that might need intervention by the forum owner), but have you tried logging in with your new account as chachacha instead of MartinB? It may not work, but maybe it's worth a go.

Regarding the 'vanishing post' problem - it's not a sure-fire fix, but I've found that it helps to use the rich text version of the editor when posting a reply. Avoid the 'Quick Reply' feature, and choose 'Full Editor'.

dmcff
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby MartinB » 01 Mar 2023, 23:58

Hey dmcff, good to "see" you again too. It seemed like much longer than that to me, lol. Oh, I've just realized that my visit may have registered when I got an alert about someone adding to one of my old posts, or one that I had commented on. I would still get those alerts occasionally, click the link to visit the site, but then couldn't do anything but read that one post, without signing in (which I couldn't do). There's no way I was here during any part of COVID, as I'm sure that there would have been talk about the difficulty visiting medical appointments etc.

I had tried entering as chachacha on both my original email, and then on my son's (very old) one, which I'm using now. None of the "forgot my password" features worked either.

All of my history is under my old name, so I hope that the owners can sort things out for me, and I also am not receiving notifications easily, because I have to sign in on my son's old account. I check my regular email account quite a few times a day, but have to admit to not signing in and checking his often enough, because I'm only using that for this site.

Please let me know if anything can be done to retrieve my account. Even if it takes a while, it would be so much better than using this new ID.

Thanks!
MartinB
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 02 Mar 2023, 00:22

One option is to send a PM to pinpin from your current new account and ask if he can help with this.

I've been ok through covid, I honestly was worried it may have got you ill and that's why you disappeared from here. I'm glad to see you hale and hearty.

Dmcff: I tried full editor on my phone right now and still got logged off. It doesn't always work.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby dmcff » 02 Mar 2023, 03:54

MartinB wrote:Please let me know if anything can be done to retrieve my account. Even if it takes a while, it would be so much better than using this new ID.

Hi again, chachacha - I'm afraid the forum software - its "infrastructure" - is rather old by now, and definitely a bit shaky. It doesn't always do what it's supposed to, and in my opinion the whole site probably needs a thorough update.

I think that patience_and_healing is right, and one important step might be to send a private message or email to pinpin requesting his help. That has worked in the past, anyway.

Hoping we can get this cleared up soon, and that you'll be able to rejoin the forum as chachacha. Please let us know if you get a response from pinpin.
2014 Anal fissure
2017 Moderate pain
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Postby dmcff » 02 Mar 2023, 04:09

patience_and_healing wrote:Dmcff: I tried full editor on my phone right now and still got logged off. It doesn't always work.

Hi patience_and_healing - yes, it doesn't always fix the problem, but I have found that - for me at any rate - it seems to reduce the likelihood of being logged off. In general, it appears that restarting the computer is the only way to deal with this bug, on a MacBook, at least. I haven't tried with Android or Windows.
2014 Anal fissure
2017 Moderate pain
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Postby MartinB » 07 Mar 2023, 19:25

Completely missed your most recent response patience. I will send pinpin a DM now. Thanks for that suggestion.

Good to hear that you weren't hit by the COVID bug. I still fear an infection, lol.
MartinB
Fibre Addict