My success-story

My success-story

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My success-story

Postby Hazey123 » 15 May 2023, 10:56

Oh gosh I completely understand your feelings of hopelessness but you must try to focus on the fact that you healed before (as someone else commented) so you can do it again. Living on softeners etc just feels depressing but we have to believe it will get better, it has to! You must push away the darker thoughts and know that you will start to feel better again. It’s just how long it all takes I get that, it’s too frustrating. I must look back, did you dilate too? I’m wondering if I need to try Botox but the success rate seems quite low and I don’t fancy ending up worse. I’m not a candidate for LIS apparently being female the doc seems to think I’ll end up incontinent when I’m old! Great… I’m now swallowing olive oil and aloe Vera juice as someone said it cured them!! The upside is we can’t drink alcohol or eat rubbish food so we will end up super healthy even if our butts are broken! Wishing you a better day. Let me know how you go and I will update on the dilation progress xx
AF following skin tag surgery Feb 2022
GTN ointment
sigmoidoscopy & EUA Sept 2022 no fissure found
2nd opinion Jan 2023 fissure diagnosed, diltiazem - allergic
recommended Botox Fissurectomy
3rd opinion - dilation 2x per day plus GTN ….
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Hazey123 » 15 May 2023, 11:22

Oh yes I read back and you did dilate. Just get back to your old routine as it helped you heal before?? Get the diltiazem quick. Also some people report pain and have no actual tear - pain from scar tissue so it might be that. Also I see you got yours from skin tag surgery - same as me. Never had an issue before in my life other than a few haemorrhoids when pregnant that left skin tags which I hated so decided to get them removed… big mistake. Been in pain ever since that surgery and that was Feb 22. I regret that surgery SO much. Weirdly in September 22 I had an EUA to determine why I was in so much pain and the doc declared I had no fissure. Pain continued until earlier this year when I got a second opinion and the doc immediately diagnosed the fissure which he could see on examination in his office. So goodness knows why the first doc said I had no fissure… unless it had temporarily healed altho I was in pain still at the time. It’s a mystery
AF following skin tag surgery Feb 2022
GTN ointment
sigmoidoscopy & EUA Sept 2022 no fissure found
2nd opinion Jan 2023 fissure diagnosed, diltiazem - allergic
recommended Botox Fissurectomy
3rd opinion - dilation 2x per day plus GTN ….
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby GrrrAF » 25 May 2023, 18:45

Hi All,

I relate to the frustration with CF; not fully healed don't think probably cause much scar tissue now; still bleeding but no more pain. Dilation (finger which I think best so you can really feel what's going on inside) really helped me; getting those muscles permanently relaxed so they can stretch for BM is key. I practice deep belly breathing daily as much as possible. You know if you still tight if you do a kegel, not an exercise needed for those with a tight sphincter already but to get an idea what's going on down there, if you try to tighten up for kegel and can't probably means you tight! I been practicing for long time now and can finally notice difference; so I know I am relaxed (not stiff tight) when I can tighten up slowly and then release slowly so kinda like if you making a fist slowly to tighten then release.

Also wanted to pass on that I am into natural remedies and used real aloe plant leaf (inside jelly) as lube very soothing. Coconut oil also good and I freeze too for suppositories.

Hope this helps someone:)
GrrrAF
Fibre Addict