Diltiazem - does it work?

Need words of wisdom please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diltiazem - does it work?

Postby BS123 » 02 May 2024, 05:48

Hi, I would really appreciate some advice from those that are familiar with Diltiazem.
I have suffered from AF for many years, off and on, but only short lived and manageable. However, the last 5 months have been constant and super painful. Currently waiting for a CRS appointment, and after struggling to take GTN for the headaches, I've this week started using Diltiazem ointment.
REading about its speed of effectiveness, I was under the impression it would relax the muscle pretty quickly. However, my anus / hole has been tighter then ever this week. Have others experienced a similar reaction (i.e. the Diltiazem actually increasing the spasms / muscle tightness) or do you think it could be coincidental?
Also, for those that have used Diltiazem how long did it take to start to take effect for you? Days, weeks, months?
I pinned my hope on it tbh, so its been a real blow that it hasn't seemingly helped at all just yet.
Thanks
BS123

Topics: 1

Re: Diltiazem - does it work?

Postby peppermint » 10 May 2024, 05:15

Hello

I found diltizem to help relieve the worse of my pain when I had the worse flare up imaginable. It took maybe 1-2 weeks to begin to feel the effects, and got me to a point where I could function fairly normally again. So do keep using it as prescribed and fingers crossed it will relieve the pain for you.
I wish I could use it again but I'm one of the unlucky ones who got a rash after about 2 months of use.
But not everyone gets it...CRS told me it's a reaction to the carrier agent, not the actual diltiazem. Very annoying.

Good luck, I hope it helps.
peppermint
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3