Booked in for Surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

:)

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2006, 11:49

thank you... I'll let you know what happened.
G

Re: Booked in for Surgery

Postby Cheryl » 08 Dec 2006, 05:18

Sara, i think they are asking Hugh to avoid all those things because they want his 'rear end' to be clean for them when they have to go about their business :roll: Typical Dr's, dont want to get their hands dirty!!
The nurses at the hospital were trying to get me to put two suppositories up my 'behind' the morning of my op - because the Dr's wanted me clean!! I could only get 1 up there, WAYYYYY to painfull Image

Annie, I'm so proud of you babe - now don't you be nervous at all - remember what I said to you in my PM, the fear about your first BM after the op is what will probably stress you the most, and YOU DONT NEED TO STRESS ABOUT IT.. so long as you are on your softeners and your fibre (combined with good diet) you are going to be PERFECT!! Make sure you salt bath frequently, or atleast after every BM - and stay relaxed.. NO HOUSEWORK, NO WORRYING.. just put your feet up, get online and yak to us.... we are all here for you

And last but not least Geneviиve, the big long schpeel I just gave to Annie - THAT GOES FOR YOU TOImage NO RUNNING AROUND after the op, NO worrying, NO doing anything!! You have just one chance to heal this thing - and you can't heal yourself fluffing about in the kitchen!! I want you to get a good nights rest Image and GOODLUCK with yoru op - we are all thinking of you!!
Come back soon and tell us how you went - and remember - the most important thing about recovering after the surgery is maintaing good fibre diet with a good stool softener too - keep your diet in shape and KEEP SMILING Image Im soo excited for you!!

Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

the big day

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2006, 07:00

Thank you so much Cheryl for your words of encouragement. I'm going in today for 1:45. My fiancй will be coming with me so I won't be alone. I'll put my brave pants on and get this done and over with! Yesterday I kind of got a little excited because I'll be pain-free soon.
We rented a bunch of movies for the weekend, so I'll be on the couch watching those. I promise I won't move until monday!
You guys are great. Good luck to those of you going in on Monday.
I'll write you all about the surgery once I'm lucid.
Here goes!
Geneviиve

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Dec 2006, 08:20

We are all rooting for you, Geneviиve, YOU WILL DO FINE!
Let us know how it goes!

I think they want me free of fruits and Veggies so I won't be putting out the gas during the procedure.

I'm going to insist that they only look as deep as they need to to see the fissure and determine if I need surgery, which I desparately want.

Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2006, 08:21

:D :bounce:
ANOTHER ONE OF US///ALMOST THERE!!!........YEA!!!...
YOUR NEW LIFE IS ON ITS WAY!!
GOOD LUCK HUN!

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2006, 18:18

Awwww thanks Cheryl, you have been so wonderful to me.. your advice and kind words have kept me strong through the worse part of this awful fissure... I cant thank you enough. I will go into this surgery feeling excited about my recovery - not scared, all thanks to you guys!! Im so glad you made this forum!
Genevieve,
My best wishes are with you, you are going to be just great.. we are all thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery Image
Love Annie Image

Postby Guest » 10 Dec 2006, 01:52

Tomorrow is my big day.. my lovely mum is taking me in.. bless her :)
They say im only going to be in overnight.. so i guess i wont need to pack much.. just my babywipes and my pyjamies i guess!
Im not so scared any more.. but i do have butterflies Image WISH ME LUCK!!
Annie

Postby Cheryl » 10 Dec 2006, 03:58

Good luck Annie,
You are in my thoughts Image
Everything is going to go fine tomorrow.. and you'll be back with us telling us how PAIN FREE you are in no time.
Imagine being able to poop without pain :shock: Its gonna be soooo great!!
Best of luck
:bom: Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22