4 weeks post surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4 weeks post surgery

Postby Guest » 28 May 2007, 22:09

Just an update-- 4 weeks post surgery and doing great! I encourage everyone suffering to consider the surgery.
Saw the doctor last week and he said my fissure acutally looks healed, which is great! I don't have to see him again unless i have any problems (pain or bleeding).
I'm still being SUPER careful, on a good fiber diet, really focused on eating carefully (lots of beans, greens, fruit, whole grains and not much junk), drinking lots of water and exercising. This won't change, just something I need to do all my life after going through the hell that is an AF.
I'm still doing sitz baths after each movement just because i really want to take care of myself and not tear again. Also still doing sitz baths at night just in case, but sometimes skip them.
Taking 125mg of magnesium at night and that seems to really keep my bowels moving and prevents constipation. I have heard this is a fine thing to take...anyone else had experience with it?
Thanks!
S

Re: 4 weeks post surgery

Postby Guest » 29 May 2007, 06:07

That's terrific news, Suzy! I am so relieved for you that you are doing so great!!!! Yes, I think you are definitely doing the right thing by maintaining your diet and baths and being careful. I still do those and will at least keep the diet indefinitely. I never want to go through this again if I can help it at all.
I have heard of magnesium and have taken it in the past for constipation. It is supposed to help with relaxing the muscles so you can go. I believe it has other uses too-I know some people use it as a mild sleep aid. I would keep that up. Whatever works for us, we need to stick with.
Thanks for sharing your good news and for answering posts for our newcomers here, I appreciate your contribution!
Lecia