Bleeding is this a set back?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding is this a set back?

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 04:37

Good morning,
I had a BM this morning my stool was formed but very soft and I bled a little. Am I re-tearing this AF each time this happens?? So far no pain after sitz bath but I am concerened about the bleeding. Any suggestions?
BBG
Patty

Re: Bleeding is this a set back?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jun 2007, 06:00

Hi Patty,
I am not sure if you're retearing, but the bleeding is normal even during healing. Sadly, there is nothing you can do about it that I know of. But bleeding is something you should not worry about, even though it seems distressing, I know...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 06:50

Yeah, I bled just about everyday for 3 months and then I would go for a few days and bleed again. I kept getting rechecked every month and the doctor said I was healing even though I would bleed some everyday. I know it is hard not to let it get you down though.
Maybe try some A&D ointment over the fissure to protect it.
You are probably doing this already but make sure you still away from nuts, seeds, chips, ramen noodles, granola bars and the like. Those don't digest all the way and you can get some nasty scraping on the way out.
I really like fish oil or flax seed oil. That can lubricate the stool so it just slides over.
At least your bm is done for the day!

Postby SunshineHope » 11 Jun 2007, 15:54

Oh wow, I didn't know granola bars are a no no as well! I had some cereal yesterday that has a granola bar like texture. I tried chewing it to death though!
I've used A&D ointment and vaseline to protect it as well, depending on where I am, and it usually helps me out. Flax seed oil has also been good too!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38