Another set back?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Another set back?

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 06:45

Hi All,
So yesterday morning I had the slight bleeding after 5 weeks of not bleeding. This morning is somewhat different. I used KY Jelly prior to my bm, and I think it helped somewhat, but my bm--for some mysterious reason--felt a little firmer than usual. During my bm I felt a localized sting and what I was sure felt like splitting/re-tearing, but I didn't see any blood. I didn't want to chance anything, so I applied my diltiazem soon after and currently have no real pain, just some soreness. Is this still a part of the healing process? This morning's "splitting" feeling felt a bit stronger today as compared to yesterday, but I didn't see any blood right away.
What the heck's going on? Is it still normal to have that splitting feeling even during healing?
--Merita

Re: Another set back?

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 06:58

Yes. That area is highly innervated and even little bumps or small anal trauma can feel like you have done major damage to your hiney (that is Southern American English for butt, btw).
I wonder if cutting out the metamucil yesterday caused it to be firmer? Maybe if you just cut back a little over a few days so your system has time to adjust.
When I had AF I was in pain sometimes all day and at least until 1 pm. Now, I have underlying neuropathy so the pain signals down there are stronger than normal though. I remember some of our other boardies coming back on after a peroid of healing with splitting pain like you are describing but it all passed and they are better.
I wonder too if things could be sensitive due to childbirth. It is a very traumatic process on the pelvic floor even in normal births.
Will the baby give you a chance to get in the tub? I used to bring the bouncy seat in and soak.
Hope you feel better soon!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 07:05

Thanks for the encouragement, Lecia. It's always helpful to know that others who were still healing felt similar pain. As for the Metamucil, I only used it once in one day and I didn't even use a full teaspoon, nor did I drink the whole thing. I was afraid of what it would do to me!
Well I had an eventful delivery--don't worry, I'll spare everyone the gory details--so that certainly caused a lot of trauma for me down there. And my little guys a bit fussy so it's hard for me to take some time to bathe when my husband's not around. I'm also nervous about removing too much of the diltiazem, even though most of it is applied internally.
--Merita

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jun 2007, 07:09

Try to get the diltiazem up as far as possible...and use a bit more than a pea-sized amount. You want to relax the spincter (and the whole region) to do something about the tightness. It will take a couple weeks for the benefits to really start showing.
Good luck!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 07:24

Oh, please I want the gory details!!!!!
You don't have to share though if you don't feel comfortable. I like to hear birth stories. I taught childbirth classes before my last baby was born so nothing phases me!
I had a terrible time recovering from the last birth so I know about pelvic floor trauma so feel free to post or PM me if you have any questions!
My first daughter was a very fussy baby. We had to hold her for almost 3 months straight or else she was hysterical. I thought I would lose my mind! But after 3 months things started to get better. But it was still a long haul so I can relate.
I used to take baths and then put the cream on-maybe you can try that when your hubby gets home. Do you have any family that can help you out?

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 11:02

Okay, you asked for the details! Please don't read on if these things make you squeamish...
I needed a forceps delivery, but not before they gave me lidocane (sp?) after the epidural wore off. I got a second degree tear--God bless the women who have a fourth degree tear; they're the real soldiers--and had to have a manual removal of the placenta. I couldn't get out of bed for the first day and a half and was in excruciating pain. Hmmm, this is probably how my AF came to be. Maybe what I went through isn't that bad compared to what others have gone through. It still hurt like crazy!

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 12:47

Wow-I so feel for you! That sounds very traumatic. Any assisted type of delivery can cause extra trauma to the perineum. I know of a lady who ripped all the way down to her rectum trying to push a baby out. I wouldn't be surprised if that is how your fissure was born too!
Wow-I can't imagine having the placenta removed manually! Good grief-you poor thing! How much did your baby weigh? How old is he now?
I had a really bad experience with my second baby and lost a lot of blood and ended up injuring a branch of the pudendal nerve which left me in chronic pain for years! Prior to the second birth, I fell down the stairs and landed on my sacrum/coccyx and it is curved to the side now so when my second baby was born she did not have much of an outlet with which to exit causing the injury. I knew something was really wrong when I delivered her. I am doing better now but I have to go to physical therapy to keep my pelvis and muscles situated.
I wish we came with zippers.
L.

Postby happyass » 13 Jun 2007, 01:15

all i can say is women are amazing..........but those who dare to experience the wonderful gift of motherhood are super amazing.....
:-)
with regards to the setback, i think it is definitely normal to have these splitting feelings during the healing process.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74