fissure care on vacation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fissure care on vacation

Postby small_flower » 12 Jun 2007, 21:28

Well, I am going to be going to north carolina for a week, which is going to be fun, but at the same time I am kind of worried about taking care of my fissure and getting all my fiber/water away from home.
Luckily the house we are going to be staying in is huge and fairly expensive (when your in college and going with 16 other people you can all afford a lot more) so there is a hot tub for me to pamper my butt in. I wouldn't even think about sitting down on the tub floor with so many people showering and what not.
So does anyone have any travel tips? I will be taking my fiber sure and colace with me, and my wipes. I am going to buy some high fiber bread and a high fiber cereal when I get down there. I am also going to bring my fiber one granola bars (which by the way, and quite tasty, especially the peanut butter ones).
I guess my other concern is that lately i seem to be itching more, and when I walk around i can feel some pain, almost like the cut is ripping open again. Im not sure if that is actually the case, but thats what it FEELS like. I am wondering if all the heat, and by extension, sweat, are what's causing this, and if so, what can i do? I know i can use gauze sometimes to soak up sweat, but since we are going to be at the beach a lot, I don't really know what to do during those times. Is that even what is causing the itching? I use those wipes because they do a better job of cleaning up the area, so i figured that THAT would make it itch less...and it does help, but it doesnt get rid of it all the way.
Any and all tips are welcome.
Thanks a bunch everyone,
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: fissure care on vacation

Postby happyass » 13 Jun 2007, 00:53

hey kate,
have a wonderful time away..........
i definitely think that sweat is part culprit if not your sole culprit. i hate humidity and it just makes ass sweat even more of a nuisance.
try keeping as dry as possible, even if you have to make a thin cotton pad a la kotex but thinner to keep between the bum!
are you having any pain when having BM? are you finding yourself straining when having BM? gas?
just stay away from witch hazel!!! and remember not to soap up your bum.......
when you are on the beach, just enjoy the beach and then when you get back to the nest, dry up the butt and keep it dry with cotton......
any good beach books you are taking?
love the kitty....so cute.......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby small_flower » 13 Jun 2007, 21:08

No, no really good beach reads at the moment, but since i work at a library, that will probably change soon. I just got the third harry potter book, even though Ive already read it, i might reread it again before the new one comes out. I am a big nerd.
As for kitty, yes, thats my brothers cat cooper, and I love him to death. Hes so type B :)
Thanks for the advice gareth.
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2007, 21:12

Hey Kate,
Cute picture! We have a thread about traveling with a fissure that Sunshine Hope started. You might want to check that out-we were able to come up with quite a few tips-especially Sunshine since she had just returned from a trip.
I am going to Colorado next week so I need to review those myself!

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion