Questions about burningand Nefedipine

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Questions about burningand Nefedipine

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2007, 13:01

Hey Patty,
Yeah, I understand-like I feel people are thinking "enough with your butt already!"
I have some left over diltiazem that I use occasionally if I am having pain but I don't use it round the clock like I was when I was healing. I use some KY Jelly and A&D ointment before I go to the bathroom as insurance against injury.
chat soon!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2007, 13:03

Lecia,

Oh thanks for the quick response. I will keep that handy A&D close by also!

Patty

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2007, 16:21

Lecia,
Now I'm curious, but don't answer if you feel that this question is too personal.
Do how did your grandmother heal her AF? Did she have it come back again and again over time? I guess I'm curious if I will have a normal life again.
Thanks

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2007, 17:58

My husband's grandmother ended up getting surgery and she said it really ended her suffering. She is still very active and led a very normal life full of travel, tennis, bike riding, etc. So it gives me hope and should give all of us hope that people will live through this and recover and she felt the surgery was really the answer-though I don't there were many alternative treatments 50 years ago like the creams we have.

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 05:41

Thanks for sharing Lecia! It does give me hope and I hope it does for everyone else as well.
In her 50 years after the surgery, did she ever suffer a recurrence?
Thanks again!

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 08:38

No, she said it never bothered her again. And she is one that would let you know if it did too!

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 09:09

Lecia...
That's music to my ears! It's good to know that if the treatment and cream don't work, the surgery has a good chance of giving one back a complete and normal life. Of course Kim has been telling us this already (thanks Kim!) but he hasn't tested it out for 50 years.
Thanks!

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 11:23

What is AD cream?

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jul 2007, 11:40

AD cream is an ointment that you can get on the baby products isle.

Also, if the general area is burning, rather than just the fissure, I wonder if an occasional light application of OTC hydrocortizone would help. For me, the burning means the area is a little inflamed. So when the Vit E cream/oil isn't working, I often move to using a cortizone ointment. That usually helps to take down the inflammation and stop the burning. I don't do this often, as the last thing I want down there is thin skin, but it seems to do the trick on some occasions.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby dano » 02 Jul 2007, 20:35

my nitro cream burns,but i think its mainly the fissure that has the burning feeling,not the whole area..it goes away within 5 minutes or so.and sometimes it doesnt bother me at all?? i used cortizone 10 for awhile and it did nothing at all for me.i even tried splashing hydrogen peroxide up there,just to see what happens....nothing happened..
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13