Cheese & calcium

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Cheese & calcium

Postby suzyljank » 09 Apr 2009, 06:22

I know cheese can be constipating but I still eat it. I just put it in a salad or on some fiber crackers and I do alright. I need the calcium too and the supplements are like eating cement. They bind you something awful. I have osteo so I need the calcium. You can also take calcium in combination with magnesium and it shouldn't be constipating. Image
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Apr 2009, 13:32

Moderation is the key! :easterbsket:
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Apr 2009, 18:03

Yeap, but I also think that mixing extra fiber with cheese and milk does a trick and taking Ca +Mg is good idea too since calcium and magnesium are often mentioned together because they mostly function as a group. Calcium is the most abundant element in the body and is essential for the growth and development of the bones. However it is not very easy for calcium to get absorbed within the body and hence most of it is flushed out. Magnesium is the element that helps calcium to get absorbed .
Both of them are better absorbed in the body in their chelated forms, as are all other minerals. Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61