OMG I finally was able to join

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: OMG I finally was able to join

Postby Corsi » 09 May 2009, 00:07

Welcome T :)
I agree with Kim here, it's too early to tell yet. You have to give it weeks and months before you can tell if surgery was successful or not. You should expect good days, but also bad days. Blood, discharge, pain and discomfort is just a part of this wonderful fissure/LIS experience. I am 10 weeks post LIS now.
Rest, keep the area dry and clean, don't carry heavy stuff or strain at all!
Most important, you have to remember that we are all different so be careful to compare your story with others...
You are lucky to have found this fissure heaven Image
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Fissulyna » 09 May 2009, 12:48

I second alllll of the above Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 09 May 2009, 17:27

BO,
Your pic is cool!! Image Where in Canada do you live? I've been to Vancouver at the start of an Alaskan cruise, but that's all. We're glad to have you here.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bummed Out » 09 May 2009, 19:28

Hi
Thanks again for your responses. I had a terrible day again today with the pain and spasms. I swear this isn't going to work. I'm so depressed. I was hoping to get out for a bit today, since I've been sitting here for 4 days, but I guess that wasn't in the cards. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day Image
Cheryl thanks for your compliment and welcome. I live in Calgary, Alberta. I have been here most of my life, although I did live near Seattle for 3 years a few years back. My husband is American, but he's here now.
Bummed Out
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 10 May 2009, 08:41

I want to say – My own experience those first two weeks were a no go, I could not do very much atall than lay on my bed and rest ! I took pain meds for 8 days !
Give yourself time BO, avoid sitting if you can and keep the pressure of your bum bum as much as possible Image
Also BO ! Great avator ! Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 May 2009, 11:35

Yes, Bummed, Tabby is right, you need to lie around as much as you can for 1-2 weeks and certainly don't sit directly on your tail unless you have too!!
Deleted User 5