Mayo Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Class

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Mayo Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Class

Postby cherylk » 05 Jul 2009, 10:49

Guys and gals,
Wanted to provide a brief update on my latest Mayo experience of a few weeks ago. I worked one on one with a nurse for a 2-week period. The first week was primarily working with a sensor which was inserted into my butt at the beginning of each session. The sensor scientifically gave feedback about how relaxed my rectal muscles were as shown by specific lights on the sensor. I started working with the balloon towards the end of the first week. The second week I used the sensor by myself at nights and worked with the balloon during the day with my nurse. I learned how to insert the balloon myself and then inflate it with water. The goal of the class is to have the muscles relax completely and be able to expel the balloon which I was able to do. Here is a link for an article my nurse gave me to read: http://www.iffgd.org/store/viewproduct/109
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: Mayo Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Class

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Jul 2009, 18:03

That sounds like a great way to get your arse to relax, Cheryl. So are you still doing any similar type exercises at home, sans the balloon and equipment?
Thanks for sharing your experience -- surely it will be a process that future boardies will want to look into! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 07 Jul 2009, 19:18

I want to order the sensor, but haven't taken the time to do it yet since I have been so busy helping my mother. My nurse said pelvic floor dysfunction is a problem often causing constipation. I brought the balloon with me, but haven't yet used it since I returned home.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Jul 2009, 07:07

I'm sure you will start back as soon as you have time, Cheryl! :)
Deleted User 5